SILMIDO

Discussion of Airsoft use for re-enactment, WWII/WWI airsoft, Vietnam and more.

SILMIDO

Postby DMZ » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:21 pm

From Wikipedia. I'll give my fair share when I'm not dead-tired.

"On January 31, 1968, 31 commandos from North Korean Special Unit 124 infiltrated South Korea in a failed mission to assassinate President Park Chung-hee.

As a means of retaliation, the South Korean military assembled a team of 31 social outcasts and death/life criminals, training them on the island of Silmido, off the coast of Incheon, in order to behead Kim Il-sung. The mission, regarded a suicide mission, was seen as the only way for these new recruits to redeem themselves and show their loyalty to their country. If they succeeded, they would win their freedom and a new life. With this goal in mind, they endured gruelling, almost inhumane training, becoming finely honed killing machines."

Anyone that enjoys watching films from Korea, check out Silmido. If not, I can lend it out to locals since it is probably the best war movie you'll ever see coming out of Asia.

Weapons, Environment Schematics, Outfits, will all be posted tommorow.

PM me if you want to borrow the movie from me. I have special collectors edition straight from the peninsula before I left :D
DMZ

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Killer » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:26 pm

Do alot of people have that same signature, and avatar? or is it the same person? Off-topic but i realized that.

But anyway, ya. I've seen some trailers for it. It looks really cool. Does it come in english though?
Killer
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby DMZ » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:12 pm

English subtitles are included in the DVD. Basically the training is the coolest part of the movie. You'd probably kill any human rights activists if you show them the training the 31 men had to go through.
DMZ

Postby Sleepy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:54 am

Netflix has it, but it has not yet been released.
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby Kendodude » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:04 am

www.yesasia.com noob. Just watch out for region encoding. Look and see if an all-region hong kong version came out, they usually come with english subs too.
"One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth." - Quattro Bajeena aka Char Aznable
Kendodude

Postby DMZ » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:55 am

basically, 31 North Korean Elite Commandos infilitrated the 38th with AK47s, bombs, grenades, Tokarov TT-33 pistols and other communist gear, but later were stopped by ~80 ROK forces armed with M1 carbines. The 31 men were on their way to assasinate the South Korean president, Park chung Hee. In response, south korea trained 31 elite men on the island of Silmido. their training probably broke every human rights law in the world. Their training made SEAL training look like basic training.

I'll be posting pictures up from the movie.

I don't know the camo type the communists wear, so I'll need help with that...

ROK forces: M1 carbine, 1911, OD BDU's, black boots, LBV (OD), grenades, US issue wool gloves, steel pot helmet (Vietnam: USGI issue).

UNIT 684 (31 elites): Unknown camo color BDU's, LBV( Coyote?), 2 grenades, Black boots, berret with unit insignia, M1 carbine and/or AK47, 1911 and Tokarov, Knives... best knife fighters and throwers.

Communist Forces: LBV( Coyote?), 2 grenades, Black boots, North Korean long billed unknown camo color hat with rank marks, Coyote? Jacket with red ranking insignia and yellow star on the bottom of rank patch, AK47, Tokarov TT-33 pistol.

more to come.
DMZ

Postby Kendodude » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:23 pm

Airsoft Tokarev's are made by a company called Hudson. Hudson hasn't been known to make quality replicas.
"One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth." - Quattro Bajeena aka Char Aznable
Kendodude

Postby DMZ » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:21 am

Very nice. Thanks Kendo.
DMZ

Return to Re-enactment/Historic Airsoft