ATTN: M14 lovers.

Discussion of Airsoft use for re-enactment, WWII/WWI airsoft, Vietnam and more.

ATTN: M14 lovers.

Postby Deleteplz » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:01 am

Jon over at nitroairsoft.com just dropped the price for the AGM M14. You should pick one up for your VN kit! Mine will be here soon, and I can't wait. Get one before they go out of stock.
Airsoft Pacific's 2006 Most Improved Player
Deleteplz

Team: N/A

Postby Pulsipher » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:37 am

damn it randal how do you fund you shit i cant keep up any more this marrage is over

*walks out and slams door*
Pulsipher

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:38 am

And if you're doing WWII American, this looks like the ideal rifle to convert into an M1.

If I didnt have a higher priority for other equipment and rifles I'd pick one up to convert.
Member of the AirsoftReview Mafia
Umlaut Rabbit - 28 June 2008, Unchkin Rabbit 29 May 2009
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Location: Google makes me clever. Photoshop makes me beautiful.

Postby CommieHunter » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:55 am

If I didn't have anything else to spend money on (car, insurance, college...)......

You get the picture.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Haloeclipse » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:36 pm

so quick question. Are the agm m14s worth buying? I wanted one to convert to a m1 was wondering if it would just blow up on me after 1 game.
Never ever insult Halo he is a god among men ~achillesnick~
Haloeclipse

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:49 pm

2nd Bat at ww2airsoft.com wrote:At the Long Winter there were 10 Garand AEGs in use (7 of them the Chinese knock off guns) There were no complaints about their function or effectiveness. They looked great in the pictures of course.

2nd Bat at ww2airsoft.com wrote:A new Chinese reverse engineered rifle has recently been finished and has begun arriving (albeit in small numbers) in the US. It is following the pattern of Marui knock offs that are for the most part interchangeable with marui model guns.

This one branded the KART model 66 is the best knock off I've seen yet. In the past I puchased five CYMA AK model 028s which were knock off AK-47s. They could use Marui AK Mags and were virtually identical. The wiring was a bit of a compromise and the hop up wasn't as good and the barrel was metal with a weak hop up. With all the short comings they were a great value at $125.00 delivered. I bought them in large numbers for use by the OPFOR for the RECONDO school I put on. Thus far they have held up well and continue to function in spite of being loaner or rental guns at several large events.

The M-14 variant really perked my interest because of the Garand conversions I build. I get a great deal on Marui M-14s at 327 to $347.00 delivered but obviously if I could get a supply of less expensive guns that worked and looked the same I could lower my price on finished Garand AEGs which currently sell for $750.00.

The KART M-14s list at $125.00 in China and with shipping they've been coming in at around $180.00 or so. I ordered six but only was able to get in three with my initial order due to short supply. The guns are a lot nicer in quality then the CYMA 028 AKs which shows the Chinese are getting better and better with their airsoft efforts. The gun and even the packaging looks just like the Marui M-14. Everything is metal where you expect it to be metal and surprisingly the guns shoot harder stock out of the box then the Maruis. The Maruis typically come in at right around 290 FPS with .20 gram and these knock offs are averaging 312 to 317 FPS with the same BBs. They advertise 330 FPS but none of them have shot that hot so far. The hop up is greatly improved over the CYMA knock offs and the gun comes with a brass barrel which is a huge improvement over the steel inner barrel. The guns come with a hi cap which sucks since I need low caps for my conversion and the butt plate inner plate is not quite as nice as on the Maruis. The plastic stock on these copies is actually better looking and more wood like (come to think of it everything is) then the Marui M-14. and the wiring is heavier duty with a large Tamiya clip just like the marui. The gun lacks the SPRINGFIELD trades and says made in China where the Marui says made in japan. The newest M-14 comes with a 8.4 full sized 1500 mah Ni cad battery and a charger. The Marui charges extra for the battery and charger.

It works fine for the conversion with a few steps slightly different and the only cautionary note thus far is that some of the guns have come in with NO GREASE in the gear box. Obviously their existence just lowered the possible cost of an M-14 AEG conversion M-1 garand by about $150 to 175.00 more if I can get a volume discount by ordering in larger quantities.

It has long been my goal to get the cost of my M1 Garand AEG conversion in the $500.00 range so we could start to see more of them on the airsoft battle fields and now I think we can. I'll keep you posted on new discoveries and post pictures of finished Chinese base guns used in conversions.

I believe (although, I am not 100% certain) that 2nd Bat is the guy who is doing the M14/M1 conversions that were pictured on airsoft-news.eu a month or two ago.

EDIT: Read This thread
Member of the AirsoftReview Mafia
Umlaut Rabbit - 28 June 2008, Unchkin Rabbit 29 May 2009
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Location: Google makes me clever. Photoshop makes me beautiful.

Postby Deleteplz » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:08 pm

Haloeclipse wrote:so quick question. Are the agm m14s worth buying? I wanted one to convert to a m1 was wondering if it would just blow up on me after 1 game.

Yes, that's why I posted. They are okay.
Airsoft Pacific's 2006 Most Improved Player
Deleteplz

Return to Re-enactment/Historic Airsoft