Re-enacting S.W.A.T.

Discussion of Airsoft use for re-enactment, WWII/WWI airsoft, Vietnam and more.

Postby ASTC Shadow » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:33 pm

We have no video from a CQC training but we actualy have a film trailer in which we have helped. Unfortunately, we have badly got away there. :lol:

Look here (http://chfilm.de/download/2050/640.mov) and enjoy it! But it's in german language.
ASTC Shadow
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Beran » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:15 pm

that was really cool. you were the guys who came in and got the beatdown from that hacker looking guy i assume?
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Postby Raging Hormann » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:57 pm

Sweet trailer.Unfortunately, it looks as though good will not win that fight! Good job though!
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Postby ASTC Shadow » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:30 am

Beran wrote:that was really cool. you were the guys who came in and got the beatdown from that hacker looking guy i assume?

That's right! The second SWAT officer how was beated it's me. ;)

So now I'll get the chance to introduce ourselve.

Here, I would like to offer a precise in depth introduction into the World of the Airsoft S.W.A.T. Team Cologne (A.S.T.C.).

The A.S.T.C. is, since it's foundation, strongly focused on re-enacting LAPD S.W.A.T. forces. Being inspired by fascinating movies and highly accurate articles of well renomated weapon magazines, the team lays down a tremendus effort to accurately target the law enforcement theme. I as the founder, and each of my team members have agreed, during the evolution of the A.S.T.C. throughout the years, to set the timeline borders of our re-enactment within the 90's all the way up to the present. As mentioned earlyer, our all time reverence being the LAPD S.W.A.T. forces themeselves.

To begin with, I'd like to clearify a definition of the re-enactment subject.
Re-enacting is mainly understood as reviving historical events, focusing on achieving the possibily hightest grade of detail compared to the orginal. Re-enactment reaches from anccient epochs all the way up to the present.
With this been said, Airsoft however pushes the boundaries of classic re-enactment to the point, where the various possibilities of representation lead to the fact that the actual timeline of re-enactment becomes secondary. Airsoft re-enactors moreover consider themselves as actors with fictitious or real combat gear. In this case, the main focus lays on representing past or current Units. This is what we call hobby-like re-enactment. Whilst in a scenario, we try to dive into the realism that we've re-created and try to hand down this experience to the people around us.
In this manner, re-enactment is more to be seen and defined as "acting" itself, then a demonstration of historical events. It is not only about "telling" a story but also about getting the "experience" out of it, be it real or superficial. We are also aware, that this behavior might be understood or seen as some form of posing.

Today, the big part of the real S.W.A.T. unit gear can be shown off with excellent replicas, however, we have to admit that there are still some parts in use, that are either extremely expensive, extremely rare or simply way too time consuming. Also, being a medium sized team, we encounter that it is also very difficult to come up with exactly the same gear requirements for each member.
Re-enactment projects are also accompanied by the need of a tremendous budget. The A.S.T.C. rounds up the needed enthusiasts that are ready to take these costs into account to realize this project. Speaking of it, this probably also is the reason for our age quota being above 30 years, with a few exceptions. Nevertheless, this might be the reason for our authentic representation and credibility.

Due to this, we continuously receive request from professional photo and movie industries, highly appreciating our equipment and knowledge.

T-Shirts, Posters, Web-Sites- you name it. Meanwhile our pictures can be found almost everywhere.

Many projects still line up in the future and hopefully, we will be able to let other people have a look into the exciting world of Special Wepons And Tactics.
ASTC Shadow
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Kenny » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Sick, stuff.
I love how you guys misspell things, but thats another matter, as I don't really care.
Nice re-enactments keep up the good work.
Superman wears Jack Bauer underwear.
Kenny
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Beran » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:55 pm

they are german, english is not their native language. its forgivable.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Postby Osmo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:28 pm

Sgt. Slaugter wrote:Sick, stuff.
I love how you guys misspell things, but thats another matter, as I don't really care.
Nice re-enactments keep up the good work.

Their spelling is easily better than that of half the people on these boards...
Osmo
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Kenny » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:39 pm

True.....
Superman wears Jack Bauer underwear.
Kenny
Soldier
Soldier

Postby xps5000 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:34 pm

ASTC Shadow wrote:T-Shirts, Posters, Web-Sites- you name it. Meanwhile our pictures can be found almost everywhere

I swear that picture of the M4 with muzzle blast and shells used to be Riddick's avatar. You guys have the look down for sure and if you play even half as good as you look then that's pretty darn good.
"Does this smell like chloroform to you?"
xps5000
Soldier
Soldier

Postby PanzerFaust » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:46 pm

xps5000 wrote:
ASTC Shadow wrote:T-Shirts, Posters, Web-Sites- you name it. Meanwhile our pictures can be found almost everywhere

I swear that picture of the M4 with muzzle blast and shells used to be Riddick's avatar.

you're not mistaken.
PanzerFaust

Postby Beran » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:14 pm

you mean the left one here?

because thats a flashlight on an MP5
Beran

Postby Raging Hormann » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:28 pm

I have a question about the helmet being worn by the furthest right person in the second photograph. Is that one of the ABS prop helmets? I just noticed that the part that comes down the side next to the ear is very similar to one that I bought and returned. I see that there is a cover on this one. Can this be done with those helmets(providing it IS one of the prop helmets)?
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Postby The Duke » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:34 pm

It can be done, I have one of those prop helmets and I put a Multicam cover on it with a few modifications to the helmet.

Clips - "Whats the tactical importance of chewing gum"
Me - "It's Spearmint..."
The Duke
Specops
Specops

Team: Mithril

Postby PanzerFaust » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:43 pm

Beran wrote:you mean the left one here?

http://www.abload.de/img/astc_productwxp.jpg

because thats a flashlight on an MP5

Neg it was this one, from page two, this thread.
PanzerFaust

Postby ASTC Shadow » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:55 pm

Both helmets are originals. The left one that's me. I've a origin PASGT helmet and the right one has a MICH helmet.

Maby you can see it better in the origin photo.

Last edited by ASTC Shadow on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASTC Shadow
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Re-enactment/Historic Airsoft