German Uniform

Discussion of Airsoft use for re-enactment, WWII/WWI airsoft, Vietnam and more.

Postby RedPiano » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:37 am

the nazi symbol was actually originated in ancient japan used on warrior banners, WEAR IT AS YOU PLEASE! If you are afraid to wear a german uniform well SCREW anyone that says otherwise, you can wear what you want that is after all what america is all about.
RedPiano
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Junto » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:18 am

After it was taken from the Japanese by the Nazis it was turned on it's side and became a new symbol standing for the annihillation of a certain group of people. If you wal around in a german uniform people are going to think 3 things.

1. You are a racist.
2. You subscribe to all Nazi values.
3. You are claiming responsibility for the hollocaust.

They won't want to hear you explain yourself. Hell, I saw someone wearing the swastika I may get very angry and ask them if they knew what it meant and if they subscribed to nazi beliefs. They say yes? I hit them. Very hard. Probably in the face a few times. They say no, I'm still pissed.

I intend to, if I ever get around to reenacting, to play as SS. The hell if I would wear it off the field. I'm not sure if I would be required to wear, or could stand to wear a swastika.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Henschel » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:09 am

This seems to have gotten blown quite a bit out of proportion, so lets please just let it die already. Oh, and stiking somone because they are wearing a swastika patch (regardless of wheather or not they subscribe to the ideals) would constitute a hate crime, so dont do that (junto).
Henschel
Ranger
Ranger

Postby DunePanther » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:16 am

Just a heads up. With a 98 you're going to probably be wearing standard Wehrmacht (correct me if that spelling is off, it's late). The Wehrmacht uniform has nothing behind it to be ashamed of. As long as you are not proclaiming your everbounding hate for anyone you should be alright. But you could take the jacket off until you arrive on location.
DunePanther
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Junto » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:28 am

Personally, I think it constitues a karmic balance. The two hates balance each other out and the problem ends. :)

Just kidding, but still... I don't see a place for that kind of baseless hate.
Junto

Postby djblingbling1 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:31 am

just wear whatever minus any swasticas on it.
djblingbling1
Ranger
Ranger

Postby john boy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:37 am

DMitri wrote:
Please do not go into general public with this an German uniform on. Because you are not representing yourself, you representing our Hobby(airsoft) and WWII Reenactors.

Please explain how this represents any of those things poorly....

If someone from the public/media asks him why he is wearing WWII German uniform. If that said individual states that he associates with the airsoft and Reenacting. Words can be twisted. About three years a PDX cop made a statement that he was a German WWII reenactor. Willamette week ran with it . This officer was spot lighted by the media. Which in turn effect his carrier.
A WWII German uniform no matter what will be associated with Nazis. It just a fact. If you go goose stepping in public with it on expect to be questioned. Then when it is associated with Reenacting in the Airfsoft community. Expect Fall out.
Don't get me wrong if you want to go to Helmutt's WWII games have at it. If you want to dawn the Reich uniform at that game, have fun. Just don't wear out in public.
john boy
Specops
Specops

Team: RAC 5

Postby Junto » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:06 pm

On another note the gear in general looks BAD a$$. The helmets have a cool design and those trench coats look cozy. I'm pumped to get mine set up.
Junto

Postby Matt90 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:38 pm

Do whatever you damn well please, this is the USA. we have all sorts of racist groups including the ANP (American Nazi Party) and KKK, there is nothing illegal about them.

Now,at a moral standpoint, it's horrible, I would never wear a Swastika for any reason. Your re-enactment can still be perfect without the hate. :) Hell, I think most would appreciate it more without the swastikas. BUT you get to choose, and nobody can do jack-shit about it.
Matt90
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Catch22 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:08 pm

The only place a regular German WW2 soldier wore a swastika was on his belt buckle. The Waffen SS usually wore it on their belt buckle and, on the left side of the helmet. I have no problem with someone wearing either if they were doing re-enactment or airsoft re-enactment.

On a side note, I wouldn't have any problem, if someone wearing a swastika armband on the street, got their a$$ kicked. If I saw it happen, I bet I could even i.d. the attacker. ;)
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Vidar » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:10 pm

Jesus_likes_airsoft wrote:the nazi symbol was actually originated in ancient japan used on warrior banners, WEAR IT AS YOU PLEASE! If you are afraid to wear a german uniform well SCREW anyone that says otherwise, you can wear what you want that is after all what america is all about.

Wrong. The swastika used to be a symbol for peace (or so I recall).

Catch22 wrote:The only place a regular German WW2 soldier wore a swastika was on his belt buckle. The Waffen SS usually wore it on their belt buckle and, on the left side of the helmet.

Um... I don't think the Waffen SS troopers wore a swastika on their helmets. That would be the SS symbol that you're thinking of. (again, unless I'm way off base here)

I've been thinking really seriously about putting together a good WWII packout, i.e. authentic gear (not to hard for an american soldier, but still kinda expensive) with a gas M1 Garand, or maybe a TM Thompson, depending on how I like either one (I'd try to test fire both before I bought one), plus a gas rifle might get troublesome during winter games, so another option would be to modify a TM M14, even though it'd be expensive. Then, just a TM 1911 govt. model, and I'm in business (after like $700..... =P). Anyway, you can tell that I'm a WWII nut.
Last edited by Vidar on Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vidar
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:17 pm

NinjaOwnsTheNight wrote:
Jesus_likes_airsoft wrote:the nazi symbol was actually originated in ancient japan used on warrior banners, WEAR IT AS YOU PLEASE! If you are afraid to wear a german uniform well SCREW anyone that says otherwise, you can wear what you want that is after all what america is all about.

Wrong. The swastika used to be a symbol for peace.

You guys are both pogues. Its been found in archaeological sites dating back to the Neolithic Period. Cavemen man. Freaking cavemen.

:idea: What if the Cavemen were secretly Nazi's?

Wikipedia wrote:he earliest swastika symbols of the archaeological record date to the Neolithic. The symbol was found on a number of shards in the Khuzestan province of Iran and as part of the "Vinca script" of Neolithic Europe of the 5th millennium BC. In the Early Bronze Age, it appears as part of the Indus script and on pottery found in Sintashta.[1]

Swastika-like symbols also appear in Bronze and Iron Age designs of the northern Caucasus (Koban culture), and Azerbaijan, as well as of Scythians and Sarmatians [2]. In all these cultures the swastika symbol does not appear to occupy any marked position or significance, but appears as just one form of a series of similar symbols of varying complexity.
Member of the AirsoftReview Mafia
Umlaut Rabbit - 28 June 2008, Unchkin Rabbit 29 May 2009
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Location: Google makes me clever. Photoshop makes me beautiful.

Postby Catch22 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:34 pm

NinjaOwnsTheNight wrote:
Catch22 wrote:The only place a regular German WW2 soldier wore a swastika was on his belt buckle. The Waffen SS usually wore it on their belt buckle and, on the left side of the helmet.

Um... I don't think the Waffen SS troopers wore a swastika on their helmets. That would be the SS symbol that you're thinking of. (again, unless I'm way off base here)

The SS runes were on the right side of the helmet. The sawastika was on the left.

ImageImage
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Bubba » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:21 pm

alex_kaeda wrote::idea: What if the Cavemen were secretly Nazi's?

That's what really happened to the neanderthals. Neolithic holocaust.
Bubba
Ranger
Ranger

Team: {FAG}

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:11 pm

Wait . . . you're saying the Neanderthals were Jewish . . . . .

That Explains EVERYTHING.
Member of the AirsoftReview Mafia
Umlaut Rabbit - 28 June 2008, Unchkin Rabbit 29 May 2009
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Location: Google makes me clever. Photoshop makes me beautiful.

PreviousNext

Return to Re-enactment/Historic Airsoft