french foreign legion team

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Postby neonbasschild » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:32 am

Alright let me put some things straight about the famas.

1. Its a FFL reenactment team, yes you would need a FAMAS or a SAW. Thats what the FFL uses plain and simple. It would be a reenactment team if we ran around with M4s because the only people in the french army that use M4s are there commandos and no the FFL, while it does have a small group of Recon teams, are not commandos. The french government docent trust the FFL enough to give them top level missions that could mean dire straights for the security of France. They have already tried to over through the government once and they never have trusted them that much because they are basically guns for hire who blatantly say there loyalty is to the legion first.

Ok on to the mechanics of the weapon. The version 1 gearbox while yes it is aged is one of the simplest, best, and toughest gearboxes ever made. When you get down to it a gearbox is a gearbox, they are made to fit in a particular sized weapon. They all do the same basic thing and there had not been any major improvements in a gearbox since the version one came out. The only problem with the gearbox (and this only applies to the TM) is that it uses a underpowered high speed motor. If you buy a TM Famas you going to have to deal with it. Even then I have taken that same gearbox and upgraded it to 350 fps with no problem at all.

No spare parts you say? Well guess what a version 1 gearbox will take almost any part from a version 2 box.

The creak thing can be taken out with some tape if you insist on buying a TM.

No midcap mags? (I dont use high caps, I hate them) well good for you that the famas can be made to work with m16 mags with 10 min and dremal.

One thing I will say is dont but a TM, I have worked with them tons of times and after looking at the JP FAMAS I can honistly say buy a JP. The weapon itself is build much better than the TM, its the same basic design, but one huge thing is that the gearbox docent use the old motor. It takes a standard short motor, which means upgrade away. If someone wanted to I could turn one of these things into a 500 fps sniper monster (granted I would have to reinforce the gearbox itself or have a new one c&ced because I dont know any AEG gearbox that can stand up to that kind of punishment for long.)

But with the updates from JP there is nothing stopping anyone from doing all the normal upgrades to there weapons that you would do with any other gearbox. Plug you get a amazingly long barrel in a super short package. O yeah and did I mention that the JP docent creek?

As far as the mythical CYMA Famas, I cant say I have never actually found one for sale, let alone looked at the internals.

Ok rant done, I just get tired of the same old "It sucks because its a version one gear box, blah blah blah blah." lines. Even though most people never bothered to actually look at the weapon.

Nesta wrote:can you make your guys do the duck walk? its funny to watch big tough guys think they can do it no prob and after about 30 seconds they fall on their faces, its great

Edit: I just remembered it is Marche Canard in french

I can attest to how much that stinks. 5 gallon water jug while doing laps around a track duck walking has to be one of the darkest times in my life.
neonbasschild
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Catch22 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Thread cleaned
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Previous

Return to Team Talk