Fallschirmjager Regiment 6 - WWII

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:56 pm

We just got back from Battlesims "the Long Winter" battle of the bulge event. we had a great time. FJR6 fielded a 11 man squad besides the fact we ran the Zugfuhrer and Zugtruppenfuhrer positions for all the German forces. Total German forces right about 25, with three squads, so we were able to do real platoon operations, not just squad ops like in most games.

So it looks like in the next year we plan to do 2 airsoft events, 4-5 blanks fire events, and a couple one day skirmishes.

Now is a great time to get involved, April and May will be very good team building events with the training time equal to the combat time.

For those looking to build an impression, the helmet and pants should come first, you can use modern black all leather boots to start. And any grey collared shirt ifs fine to start. We have smocks and rifles to loan and a bit of webgear. After the pants and helmet get webgear, then a good shirt and last the fliegerbluse (wool jacket) we don’t wear them much in the summer so you would not need it until Fall. For airsoft the $150 MP40s work great. You don’t need a real K98 for a few events as we have a few loaners.

At your first event we can do the FJR6 “Normandyâ€
_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Charlie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:00 pm

I would really like to join up. I've always been prone to the German side of WWII just because allot of the time, they are mis-represented. Now I can get a chance to play as one! Any suggestion as to wear to get pants, shirts, and other gear? I know where to get an MP40 and a Kar 98k (airsoft versions, of course.)
BLACK AFO/RO
Charlie 1-1/BLACK 1-3
Charlie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Chefzilla » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:22 pm

These are a great bunch of guys and definitely one of the most cohesive teams I've ever seen on the field. So much so that I'm half tempted to drop my Panzer impression and pick up a jump smock!
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would harm us." - Winston Churchill

"Stupid friends are dangerous." - Sanjuro Tsubaki
Chefzilla
Ranger
Ranger

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Charlie wrote:I would really like to join up. I've always been prone to the German side of WWII just because allot of the time, they are mis-represented. Now I can get a chance to play as one! Any suggestion as to wear to get pants, shirts, and other gear? I know where to get an MP40 and a Kar 98k (airsoft versions, of course.)

Guys here is the FJR6 yahoo group and facebook page. Join up and we'll tell you more about being an FJ. the yahoo group is where we do most our business and talk about where to get gear etc. We also have a lot of reference documents there.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fallschirm-Pionere/

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=41877589854
Last edited by _RAGNAR_ on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Chefzilla wrote:These are a great bunch of guys and definitely one of the most cohesive teams I've ever seen on the field. So much so that I'm half tempted to drop my Panzer impression and pick up a jump smock!

thanks for the compliment, we try to do a good job, both on and off the battlefield, striving for both as much authenticity as possible in our impressions and proper tactics and fighting. You only got to meet about 1/3 of our guys, some only have done BF reenacting and are just getting into airsoft as some of the airsoft guys have not done BF yet. Most the guys you met only have 6-12 months into their impressions, we have other guys with 10 years!

you never give up an impression, just add new ones!
_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:04 pm

cross post from another thread

An example of cost for an FJ
Modern black combat boots $30
FJ Pants $80
FJ blouse $80
Smock $80
Helmet $80
Webgear $150
K98 $250-300
Side cap $25
Barrack gear $50

That is a SOLID start and we would only like you to have half of that for your first event, we will loan you the rest (especially the rifle, we usually have plenty)

Later you could spend $500 more over the next year to get the right boots and all the little things.

To do GI it’s about the same but you need a M1 Garand, which bumps the cost up. The good thing is the guns go up in value as you use them, they will never go down in value.

One word of advice is DO NOT buy anything without joining a unit first. You’ll just buy the wrong shit and be pissed.

Other costs

Event
$35 for event
$25 for food (we all eat together with 1944 type food and rations, and we eat well, ask the guys from our unit)
$35-60 for blanks

Between both airsoft events and BF events there are about 6-8 events a year, more than one every other month.
_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:50 pm

Some shots from our visit to Normandy France in 07

_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Postby DrewB » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:23 pm

I am also a member of FJR6 and we are currently looking for a few able bodied member to kill Amis and Ruskis.

Thats me one the end, polka dot scarf
DrewB
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Mars » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Good news, FJR6 needs you! We've got great food (secret recipe is lots of butter), cool toys (Machine guns, anti tank weapons), and friendly comrades to offer. In exchange we ask for bacon loving, dedicated individuals who want to become part of our thriving group. Here are a few images of the February event at Camp Rilea, one of which depicts our latest creation, the "Bacon Candle". Thank you.

"Your bones will build my palaces, your eyes will stud my crown. For I am the god of war Mars, and I will cut you down."
Mars
Soldier
Soldier

Team: RR

Postby Deliverator » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:12 pm

That is a bacon fat candle? That is AWESOME not only does it make light, but it smells like BACON!!!!
Deliverator
Specops
Specops

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:01 pm

yes it is trademarked, patented and registered.

BaconCandle
_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Glück ab Kammeraden.

Postby RG-Ghost » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi Guys,
nice Equipment. I´m old German Fallschirmjäger from Calw and you Gear and the Pics a right on.
Keep up the Good Work.
Greetings from Germany Ghost
Peace through superior Firepower!

RG-Ghost
Grunt
Grunt

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:26 pm

A few pics of Fallschirmjager Regiment 6 throwing back the invasion.

We are till interested in finding more people interested in a hyper-authentic unit dedicated to looking and acting like a real WWII Fallschirmjager unit.

Give us an email or see us at: http://wardepartment.prophpbb.com/forum19.html and http://www.thewardept.org/fjr6.html

_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:00 am

_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Reyna » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Very sweet looking! I can afford the gear and I used to know all the sites to buy the equipment but not anymore. Can you reference me to some dependable sites to purchase equipment. Sometime I'd like to come out with you guys, get my hands on an MG34 either as a gunner or A-gunner.

Also, do you know any teams that run a Ranger impression? Preferably 2nd Rangers either D-day or post D-Day. I have an M1 I just need the uniform though I would really like to get my hands on a Thompson.
"What do you want for Christmas Little boy?"
"A RANGER TAB MOTHERF**KER!"
--
"RANGER THAT!"
Reyna
Ranger
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Team Talk