Fallschirmjager Regiment 6 - WWII

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Postby Dalb » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Definitely a great theme.
Keep truckin'
Dalb
Banned
Banned

Team: N/A

Postby Nec » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:33 pm

I've was talking to another team around my area about WWII impressions, and it seems like the interest is growing. There were questions as to if there are still groups out there playing and reenactmenting. I'll spread the word!

Does a person by the callsign "Hellmut" (Does the group name Battelsim ring a bell?) play with you guys? Almost like I recognized a few people in those picture you posted.
There's a difference between a person who has a screwdriver and a person who knows what they are doing.
Nec
Specops
Specops

Postby Haloeclipse » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:37 pm

As usual, awesome pictures. I need to recheck the ww2 threads and get back to puttin together my ww2 kit
Never ever insult Halo he is a god among men ~achillesnick~
Haloeclipse

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:17 am

As far as gear and uniforms goes always find a unit first, but gear second. They will have all the best vendors figured out and you won't be buying the wrong stuff.

So first figure out what impression you really want to do (or better what unit you get along with) and then go from there.

I can only really help with Fallschirmjagers, but we know all the other units.

Many of the old Battlesim guys still come out, many have taken a break. I don't think many have quit permanently.

WWII reenactment has never gone away, the units are well established, many having been around over 10 years, some coming up on 15. Different people, as its a living thing, people come and go but the unit keeps going.

WWII airsoft is sketchier, I'd love to have it restart but there were too few people doing all the work to make events happen. In WWII blank fire units take turn hosting events, they don't run as good as the BS/War Dept events but you don't put the load on 4 people every event. A good event takes months to plan and hundreds to thousands of man hours of work.

At our recruitment meeting March 20th we will most likely have reps form multiple other units also there. Come on out and meet us and if you don't want to do FJ we'll hook you up with the right unit. Of course we would rather have people join us!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 8302596882

Go to this facebook page and sign up to come to the meeting so we can keep in touch and you can get directions and such.
_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Team Talk