Announcing Team Double Tap

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Postby Haloeclipse » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:30 pm

I had fun playin with you guys at Op:resurrection. Hope to play with you guys again someday.
Never ever insult Halo he is a god among men ~achillesnick~
Haloeclipse

Team: N/A

Postby Tallahassee » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Catch22 wrote:
Tallahassee wrote: Everyone needs that arrogant team to diss on. haha

You realize, that's every team on AP?

Pretty sure most teams like to think that about themselves... But we are the ones who will take a challenge from any team for an even numbered team on team. Our only problem is the number of guys who keep leaving Oregon for New York or the Army! :) But we usually have 4-5 people in the state at a time. So open challenge for PLA APST etc. Just have to work around everyone's work schedules.
Tallahassee
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Cap n pickles » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:45 pm

Wanting to have a "Challenge" Between Teams will create Bad Blood.
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Tallahassee » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Only if you let your feelings get hurt.
Tallahassee
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Syracuse » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Bad blood? We won't care if we lose. So, unless you guys become pissy little girls when you lose There won't be any.
Syracuse
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Limpy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:02 pm

This thread is going in a bad direction.
2010's Most Improved Player
------
(20:31:51) ChatBot: Amos leaves the channel.
Limpy
Specops
Specops

Postby Catch22 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:10 pm

I'll meet you at the bikeracks after last bell.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Tanto » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:19 pm

Tallahassee wrote:
Pretty sure most teams like to think that about themselves... But we are the ones who will take a challenge from any team for an even numbered team on team. So open challenge for PLA APST etc. Just have to work around everyone's work schedules.

You don't exactly challenge teams on here. You show up at an OP and earn a good name for yourself through good sportsmanship and respectful attitudes (if you happen to rack up some sweet kills [which aren't typically tracked], that's a bonus).
Check out Trip' Tango, the youtube based airsoft tactics guide. http://www.youtube.com/user/TantoLL
Tanto
Ranger
Ranger

Team: LL

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:10 pm

I think what pickles is trying to say is, there's no way to prove a win in Airsoft and people will phony pony. Anybody can choose not to call a hit at any time. Even in paintball, where the projectiles leave a mark, people still cheat. The entire culture of tournament paintball is built around being able to cheat without getting caught. In Airsoft there's no certainty at anything. This creates doubt and leads to accusations of cheating, etc. Most force on force games are going to lead to teams having a shouting match about who wasn't calling hits. Like it or not, it's human nature.

People even cry foul after OPs were run by completely third parties about how the game "Must have been rigged so Side X would be Side Y." It's hilarious, but it's true. If they phony pony about that, what makes you think they won't phony pony about the outcome of a team on team game?

You want competition? Play any game that has a measurable obvious score; football, basketball, hockey, boxing, baseball, whatever. Airsoft isn't a sport, you aren't an athlete and you certainly aren't a professional. We're just participating in a hobby, because we enjoy it. Every time some new blowhard gets on here yammering about challenging other teams, I chuckle. Those guys and those teams don't last long. They peter out like a premature ejaculation, usually in some sort of very humiliating and very public display.

You wanna be extreme? Go drink Mountain Dew and Skateboard in traffic.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Cap n pickles » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:53 pm

Matt Nailed it, It even can get out of hand when you pit two teams to face off and there is no prise, and they say they are just playing to have fun... They still cheat.

Pistol Comps, Sniper Comps, Rifle Comp's are the only Competition that can be scored and actually played without the cheating nature.
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:08 pm

Matt wrote:You wanna be extreme? Go drink Mountain Dew and Skateboard in traffic.
I did that earlier today....

....after I beat three airsoft teams at this tournament.

Jus' sayin'
Member of the AirsoftReview Mafia
Umlaut Rabbit - 28 June 2008, Unchkin Rabbit 29 May 2009
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Location: Google makes me clever. Photoshop makes me beautiful.

Postby Tallahassee » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:28 pm

Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I wrote:
Matt wrote:You wanna be extreme? Go drink Mountain Dew and Skateboard in traffic.
I did that earlier today....

....after I beat three airsoft teams at this tournament.

Jus' sayin'

You are my favorite. :)

As for the rest of you, I hear a lot of excuses but no real reasons. Just like was said above, we are not going to get our feelings hurt if we lose, so who will be left to phony pony??

Matt I think you answered your own problem. Accusations of cheating? Shouting matches? Bitching about outcomes? Sounds like someone is taking it as more then a hobby. I consider airsoft a hobby and you will never hear me bitching about anything to do with it! haha Those who do, are clearly taking it way too seriously.

Now why would a team not last long when the talk good? Well they probably sucked to begin with.

Lastly, I don't soda so no mountain dew, and the go play in traffic part, way over used. Time to get out of the house.
Tallahassee
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Cap n pickles » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:57 pm

If its a hobby, then you don't need to worry about Team Comps and Challenges, Thats for a sport.

It breeds Cheating, and Bitching, no matter what you say or think. I think its the funniest thing when people pay 20$ to go a game and phony pony about the outcome like its some bleeding Competition.

Every time.

Now, a nice friendly Skirm hosted by a team to just kick it is cool. But no Challenge Paintball shit. I left paintball to get away from that shit.
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Tallahassee » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:17 pm

Cap n pickles wrote:If its a hobby, then you don't need to worry about Team Comps and Challenges, Thats for a sport.

That's an opinion not a fact.

Cap n pickles wrote:
It breeds Cheating, and Bitching, no matter what you say or think. I think its the funniest thing when people pay 20$ to go a game and phony pony about the outcome like its some f***ing Competition.

Every time.

See previous statement. You seem to think that because you think say "no matter what you say or think." you are proving yourself right over me. I still disagree because to those people bitching, it is a competition. You not agreeing with that doesn't make them wrong.

So now I have a question for you guys... why does it bother you that we think it could be fun to have a match between just two teams? Yes you already said it "breeds bitching and bad blood," but you will also agree that is just the people who take it to seriously? We don't ever phony pony about things as we don't take it to seriously. So if there was to be bitching it would have to come from the other team. Does that mean you are worried it would be you?
Tallahassee
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Tin Man » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:21 pm

I was under the impression we already had group events, like the CQC tournaments BSP puts on.
A friend of death, a brother of luck and a son of a phony pony!
Tin Man
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Team Talk