Announcing Iron Shield Contractors incorporated (ISC)

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Announcing Iron Shield Contractors incorporated (ISC)

Postby Shiloh » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:48 pm

Iron Shield Contractors inc. is now recruiting! We are a team based out of the Everett, WA area. We are a Contractor/OPFOR team, dedicated to safe, fair, and honest airsoft play.

Uniform requirements:
-Tan/Khaki/OD BDU pants (5.11, Blackhawk, basically any brand that will last a while)
-Grey/Black/Tan/OD soft or hardshell jacket. Once again, should last for a while. Waterproof is good.
-Tan/Black/OD vest, compatable with any weapon you might carry.
-Boots, preferably military or hiking boots. Ankle support is a must.
-Kneepads are HIGHLY recommended
-Gloves are HIGHLY recommended
-Some sort of face protection. I've seen some nasty face shots and don't want to have to deal with bloody faces.
-Eye protection is an absolute MUST. Glasses or goggles must comply with ANZI ratings, look at AP requirements for further details.

Team rules:
-Knowledge of airsoft and/or firearms safety. (Not that we're going to have firearms, it's just good to know.)
-Honesty and integrity. No cheaters.
-A good attitude. Remember people, this is a game. We're here to have fun.
-Willingness to follow basic instructions/orders. I'm not going to pretend to be a drill sergeant, and no other team leaders will. All we ask is respect for each other, not just team leaders
-Dedication to travel to games. Most games occur in Oregon, so it may involve some driving.

So, in conclusion: We're here to have fun, play fair, and maybe learn a bit. While the super-cool tactical gear helps pull off a good impression, it's not required. Just the basics, build on it if you want.

That's about it. PM me if you have any specific questions/comments/concerns. Still looking for a field in the area, but hopefully that should be resolved soon.

This is John, AKA Gresham signing off.
"Why do you need a GUN?!"
"To poke holes in things too far away to get with the stick."

Buy my crap: buysell/single_ad.php?ad_id=2540
Shiloh
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Deleteplz » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:05 am

Eh, such is life. As one of the main founders of PSC, I've seen alot of PMC teams come and go. (Although the amount of them has gone up quite a bit recently.)
Airsoft Pacific's 2006 Most Improved Player
Deleteplz

Postby Ash » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:14 am

Sounds like a good start

I too like the patch

Remember. Just like with any company find you niche and excel at it, or you will run the risk of going out of business.

Good Luck.

"Jesus wept and it's no wonder why"
Ash
Specops
Specops

Team: SOTA

Postby LiquidSnak » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:25 am

Good move on the lightning bolts. Looks much better. Good luck.
Biggest Postwhore, 2008
Osprey wrote:
McNair wrote:Are you guys really that f***ing daft?
I'm sorry I didn't know I had to hear to read a post

I leave for FIVE MINUTES, and there's flies having SEX ON MY KEYS D:
LiquidSnak

Postby Junto » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 am

Ollie Twist wrote:Why is it that when I start SDI 3 more PMC based teams crawl out? What the hell, man.
You ain't an OG, Cobz. Why you frontin'?
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Darius137 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:53 pm

Good luck with the team.

Remember that as contractors, you're attempting to dress snappy (good PR) and also to blend with the local environment. Groups like Blackwater (now ... Xe?) and Triple Canopy are wearing sand colored polo's and slacks because they are working in sand colored environments. They use shemaghs because they're in a desert and they protect against the wind and sand.

As a PMC force operating in the Pacific Northwest, I would suspect more use of Greens and possibly some browns. Scrim nets instead of Shemaghs.

But yeah, hope to see the team out there, either with us, or shooting at us on the field.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Shiloh » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:34 pm

Thanks for both the encouragement and criticism everyone! Just to put it out there, we aren't trying to be l33t operators from MW2 or army of two or some other video game. Personally, I don't like either. Yeah, it's fun, but I'm not going to pretend to be a FICTIONAL character while playing fake war. But I can definitely see where it could come from, and I apprreciate the thoughts.
"Why do you need a GUN?!"
"To poke holes in things too far away to get with the stick."

Buy my crap: buysell/single_ad.php?ad_id=2540
Shiloh
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Darius137 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Gresham wrote:Thanks for both the encouragement and criticism everyone! Just to put it out there, we aren't trying to be l33t operators from MW2 or army of two or some other video game. Personally, I don't like either. Yeah, it's fun, but I'm not going to pretend to be a FICTIONAL character while playing fake war. But I can definitely see where it could come from, and I apprreciate the thoughts.

Airsoft is a hobby. People can do what they want with it. If people like a game, by all means, live out that fantasy. As long as they recognize they're just playing dress up for a video game, and not think they're the military experts the videogame portrays, they should be dandy and fun to play with.

Hell, 75% of the teams out there are PMC teams.
Last edited by Darius137 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Eyes On » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Thread cleaned. If you don't like the idea of another PMC team, nobody cares. You don't have to join it.
ImageImage
Eyes On

Postby ~Thunder~ » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:59 pm

i dig the finished patch man. 8)
Good luck!
Cap n pickles wrote:....if i do not see my name some where on this list, i will just show up naked, ready to get some.

f**k it, i'll just show up naked.
~Thunder~
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Team Talk