VTU Recruiting ( Updated W/ new website)

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Postby Snake Doc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:19 pm

Mini-Marine wrote:Next training day will be at the end of April.

We will primarily be covering map reading/navigation as well as radio procedure, but we will also be going back over the training we did last weekend which included individual and fire team level movement techniques.

I'll keep in touch and hopefully i'll be able to make it out there.
"Oh; they're ready for someone, but they ain't ready for us."
Snake Doc
Soldier
Soldier

Team: STA

Postby Patrick750 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:49 pm

listen to the other posters. all the hate is directed on me. which leaves warm and fuzzy love for newcomers and people like you. were only trying to help
A dirty Pantac is a happy Pantac
Patrick750
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Snake Doc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:53 pm

airsoft750 wrote:listen to the other posters. all the hate is directed on me. which leaves warm and fuzzy love for newcomers and people like you. were only trying to help

I understand, i was not meaning to come off as such a stubborn douche bag. I chose the wrong words i guess.
Snake Doc
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snake Doc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:54 pm

airsoft750 wrote:listen to the other posters. all the hate is directed on me. which leaves warm and fuzzy love for newcomers and people like you. were only trying to help

I understand, i was not meaning to come off as such a stubborn douche bag. I chose the wrong words i guess.
Snake Doc
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Steve » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:28 am

Snake Doc wrote:Why can we not use both of the SEALs and S.W.A.T's tactics?...

Okay. Here's a rough off-the-cuff answer:

Because they are mutually exclusive? LE uses an entry stack that is genrally about, I dunno, 12 guys to dump a room. With flashbangs, and a lot of yelling, and generally enters with the stated goal of restraining the bad guys as the priority. Arrests, Miranda rights, Due Process and all that jazz. Typically, they initiate a breach with a battering ram, toss a couple of NFDDs in, and swarm the place bodyslamming people to the ground. Generally, the guys they go after are strapped with pistols, and maybe the rare AK / shotgun / AR. Usually, a SWAT entry will put a 12-man stack in on one bad guy. SWAT is about having more good guys than bad guys and dominating the situation.

Military entries, on the other hand, tend to be a smaller element taking down a bigger element. The bad guys tend to have a predominance of automatic weapons, and the motivation to use these weapons. Military CQB tends to be significantly higher on the lethality scale. Guys with guns generally get a bullet to the face on general principle unless they are a specific target or they are caught off-guard enough to be captured without risking the lives of the entry team.

SWAT units tend to move into an area that has been secured by local law enforcement. SEALs slip into an enemy or potentially hostile area and take down their targets without the benefit of having a secure perimetr to set up in close at hand.

If you train to SEAL standards, you are training to shoot bad guys in the face without warning. If you train to SWAT standards, you train to put suspects on the ground, search them, zip-strip them and read them their rights unless you absolutely have to shoot them. See an issue here yet?

LE snipers shoot, on average, 70 meters when they end an engagement. That's a seven with a single zero following it. That is the no-shit real-world number. SEALs? 10 times that distance. And generally, the SWAT guys don't have to worry about countersniper fire.

SWAT units don't have to worry about indrect fire most of the time. They don't have the option to use a LAW or AT-4 to open a doorway intoa compound. They don't have the ability to call in CAS or arty. Or use a HMG to chew through walls to hit the bad guys.On the other hand, they generally have medevac on-scene, with a quality health care facility a matter of minutes away. And when they finish their mission, exfil is a matter of walking back ttheir staging area, stripping off their armor, and shooting the shit while sipping a latté.

Doing either one justice wuld pretty much require a full-time commitment as well as finding qualfied instructors who are willing to offer instruction in paramilitary tactics to teenagers (good luck!). Doing both at once? I can't see how it could be done without developing multiple personality disorders.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby Cap n pickles » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:53 am

Nice choice of Blue tops... Thats almost original.[/quote]
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Catch22 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:04 am

Navy Blue Under-Armor Top

Black B.D.U. bottoms

Black Combat boots

Boonie Hat And/Or Helmet

Do you plan on playing in the woods with this loadout?
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Snake Doc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:20 am

Catch22 wrote:
Navy Blue Under-Armor Top

Black B.D.U. bottoms

Black Combat boots

Boonie Hat And/Or Helmet

Do you plan on playing in the woods with this loadout?
well play wherever we can.
Snake Doc
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sleepy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:34 am

SWAT will kick in your door, blind you, and cuff you. SEALs will blow up your porch, set your car on fire, and shoot you in the face.

Also, your uniform requirements are decent for CQB, but not so good for the woods. And you're limiting your loadout to a vest neither unit would use.

You should listen to those who know.
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby Snake Doc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:07 pm

Nasty wrote:
Sleepy wrote:SWAT will kick in your door, blind you, and cuff you. SEALs will blow up your porch, set your car on fire, and shoot you in the face.

Brilliant quote Sleepy.

Snake Doc, I'd suggest using Woodland BDUs. The SEALs use them, they work in the woods, and I can name half a dozen SWAT teams off the top of my head that use them.
I took Mini-Marine's advice and instead if basing ourselves off of a real life unit/branch were going to just do our own thing. We will definitly be using woodland BDU's though, to
go along with our CQB attire.
Snake Doc
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Merchant » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:33 pm

Um...I don't mean to be "that guy" but on your sniper rifle requirements page you are missing the TM VSR series which is the base platform for MANY MANY good airsoft marksmen.
Merchant
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snake Doc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:53 pm

Merchant wrote:Um...I don't mean to be "that guy" but on your sniper rifle requirements page you are missing the TM VSR series which is the base platform for MANY MANY good airsoft marksmen.
I forgot to add that, I'll have it up within the days end. Thanks.
Snake Doc
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Team Talk