sniper team

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Postby Android » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:40 am

My interests are more towards DM/spotter roles & I don't know if I'll have the gear up for this yet, but I am interested in the fieldcraft. I look forward to seeing what this evolves into.
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby KA-BAR » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:47 am

the ghilleman event would be perfect for you then, it will be an opportunity for you to meet other spotters/DM's and talk to them, get tips and help...so on and so fourth.

i look forward to your participation.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Voodoo Man » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:53 am

Depending on timing I would love to attend the ghilleman event. Just gotta drop some upgrades into the SR25.
Voodoo Man
Specops
Specops

Team: DRAT

Postby KA-BAR » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:07 am

title has been change to reflect the changes in my thought process.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Nox » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:18 am

Damn, all the cool sh*t happens up north...
I'm interested in learning ALOT more about fieldcraft and skill improvement plus how-to's on making/improving a ghillie.
I might have a couple other bolt turners down here interested as well, I'll keep an eye out for future info and pass it along asap.
Nox

Postby KA-BAR » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:21 am

ghilleman is not fixed. it travels... i can host one for the north oregoners, and the second one for the southerners. i am looking at running 2 a year.

what i am hoping nox, is that you will form a OPFOR squad. you and yours are more then welcome to come to this event and participate. but i would like to see you take up a leadership role in your area.

thx for the post man.
KA-BAR

Postby Geschutz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:50 am

This sounds great! I would would love to participate in this. I always like to learn new things. So far I have been DM and would like to also step into a sniper role when needed.
Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like? - Mini Marine
Geschutz
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby KA-BAR » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:21 pm

awsome man, i am glad you are pumped to participate. this is going to be all inclusive.

i am really glad to see the responce so far. looks like this was a void that needed to be filled.

i am looking forward to putting together a great anual meet. ill be spending the next few days finalizing some more ideas, and making ready to announce the date for the first gathering.

stay tuned.
KA-BAR

Postby Poe » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Sounds awesome ka-bar, my spotter and I will be looking forward to atending.
104th S.A.R.S.
Coos Bay OR
http://sars104th.proboards.com
Poe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Darius137 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:24 pm

I like the idea of it, since I occasionally act as a commander in games.

I've got too much ADHD for being a sniper, though. If it's an open invite, I'm always game to come listen. New information is never a bad thing.

There is also a military course called "Sniper Employment Leader" that doesn't necessarily teach you how to be a sniper, but how to use them for operations effectively.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby KA-BAR » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:02 pm

its open invite to bolt turners and spotters dan. we are working a particular course and criteria.

when i says its all inclusive, i mean, anyone who is following the path is welcome. so i doubt you and your ADHD will find anything fullfilling or worth your while here. if you got someone on you team that wants to participate ....awsome.
KA-BAR

Postby Mufasa » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:37 pm

I think Ivan's would be a good field to host it.
"Bullets sound the same in every language."
Mufasa
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Doss » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Am interested in this. Sounds like it would answer most questions I was goin to start pming to people anyway.
White Trash Caveman Keyboard Masher
Doss
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nox » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:15 pm

KA-BAR wrote:ghilleman is not fixed. it travels... i can host one for the north oregoners, and the second one for the southerners. i am looking at running 2 a year.

what i am hoping nox, is that you will form a OPFOR squad. you and yours are more then welcome to come to this event and participate. but i would like to see you take up a leadership role in your area.

thx for the post man.

Oh my full intent was to make an OPFOR squad ;)
I'm not sure what a leadership role pertains to in this criteria, but I am more than willing to give it a hearty go and see where this will lead. I know that I can count on myself and two others to fill the Sniper slot, I'll ask and see if I get get DM's to pair up with that have the same drive.
Nox

Postby KA-BAR » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:02 am

ok, i need a few positions filled. if you are serious about helping this along, i need you to step up and tell me what you are willing to bring to the table. these are the areas i need filled for this event. if you plan on participating in this, ignore this post. this is for event administration only, thanks.

i will need the following.

1. observer
2. observer
3. walker
4. walker
5. walker

if you have prior experience in these areas, then your experience will take priority. if you want to do the thing, but never have before, then voice your intrest. these are administrative roles and you will not, i repeat, will not be shooting at all, all day long.

i am currently looking at some locations to host this.

things to look forward too.....

FIELDCRAFT
stalking workshop
ghillie workshop

EQUIPMENT
how to use your optics correctly for range finding purposes.
gear and rifle workshops

TAGRGET ID
there will be a visual exersize, where i put about 10 common and well known airsoft articles of gear through out a tree line at about 60-80 yards. you will be responsible for a sketch that details the location and description of these ten items.

there will be a known ditance and unknown distance shoot.

there will be some more activities also, i am still comming up with ideas.

stay tuned.
KA-BAR

PreviousNext

Return to Team Talk