Team Idea

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Team Idea

Postby Blais21 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:43 pm

Just testing the waters.
So I was looking at this picture and I thought it might be a cool idea to base a small team off of the U.S. Black Ops personnel. I personally think it would be a pretty cool base for a team.
So far for the load out I was thinking:
Tan boots
Tan, muticam, 3 color desert, or desert MARPAT trousers
And finally, whatever other gear you want. The special forces guys are pretty much told to use whatever works well for them, so why wouldn't this apply in the airsoft version. Again this is just an idea, I was hoping to find out if anyone would be interested in this and if anyone has any suggestions.
Thanks.
P.S. Here is the patch for the team:
Last edited by Blais21 on Tue May 11, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Death is just a little pain traded for an eternity in heaven with God Himself"
Blais21
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Darius137 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:00 pm

What do you mean by black ops personnel?

The guys pictured are from an ODA. ODA means operational detachment alpha. Special Forces in the US Army are broken down into A and B teams. A teams (ODA's) specifically, are the "boots on the ground" who do such things as collect human intelligence (HUMINT), build rapport with locals, kick down doors, find persons of interest, patrol local villages and a LOT of other tasks. ODB's are the Bravo team, which is tasked with gathering intelligence, finding places for the A team to go, analyzing the data, handling communication with other agencies, and again, a LOT of other stuff.

This is where the whole Delta Force idea came from. an ODD that was tasked with more stuff under the radar, and a lot of focus on CQB (indoor) and CT (counter terrorist) situations.

Now if you're looking at a "black ops" team, you're probably talking about a CIA paramilitary force. They are often working side by side with military personnel, with more civilian gear and attire, sometimes preferring it, so they don't look like soldiers. The CIA paramilitary guys I saw overseas wore a lot of 5.11 type stuff, cool guy shades, and were a lot more into the magpul fanboy stuff.

SF = lives out in the middle of nowhere, working with locals. Their base is usually drawn from redneck types, so you'll see them in anything from US Army gear, gucci gear, to carharts.

CIA guys draw from a mixture of SF, Rangers, SEALs, etc, so they could look like whatever they want, though a lot of them are bred through the agency, so don't look as redneck or soldier as the SF guys in that picture.

A lot of the paramilitary guys like AK's and lighter loadouts.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Blais21 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Thanks for the info. I really don't have that much knowledge of all this stuff I just thought I would ask around and try to get some more info and ideas. I think I am going for a more ODA or CIA team. Can't decide between the two. I like the idea of the CIA based team but I don't think it would be very useful or practical in airsoft. Although I like the idea of blending in with the local population and having a light weight and 5.11 gear loadout, I don't think it would be very useful in airsoft. Because I think if a team walked on to an airsoft field and tried to act like civilians that you would be shot in an instant. So I think that I would be going for a more ODA based team.
Blais21
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hoff » Tue May 11, 2010 6:26 pm

So... you're going for that SF/ contractor look? It would be easier / probably a better idea to join one of the teams already doing it.
Bringing Down the Hammer.
The forever n00b! (Getting tacticool)
Newly self-proclaimed Mossberg 500 trigger group assembly expert
Hoff

Postby Blais21 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Kind of. I live in southern Oregon where there are a Wopping two teams. So joining a SF/ Contractor team would be a little difficult. And I don't think that any team from Portland or Washington would recruit me.
Blais21
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Darius137 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:44 am

Here's the thing. SF teams have a lot of gear. They carry gear necessary for surviving in the middle of nowhere.

A paramilitary styled team would be more suited to airsoft, because they have very few items to carry around, which are what airsofters need: some water, maybe one radio, and enough mags for one or two fire fights.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Postby BoogeyMan » Wed May 12, 2010 2:03 am

Tactical beard also mandatory
BoogeyMan

Postby Variable » Wed May 12, 2010 8:07 am

No offense, but this "look" for a team is so generic in the Northwest that it isn't even funny (but I'm laughing anyways).
Variable

Team: APST

Postby Matt » Wed May 12, 2010 8:11 am

We don't really have that much sand around here. Good luck with that.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Cap n pickles » Wed May 12, 2010 11:42 am

Matt its simple, all we have to do is buy a metric shit ton of sand and lay it on sniperz den and cut all the tree's down.
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Blais21 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:49 pm

Yeah like I said I just got done watching the medal of honor tier one trailer and I thought it would be cool to base a team off of that.
Blais21
Soldier
Soldier

Postby KA-BAR » Wed May 12, 2010 3:56 pm

I HAS A BEARD!
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Helo » Wed May 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Pancake, I'm hurt. There's five teams in Southern Oregon, three of which you play with on a regular basis. You forgot about us, didn't you?
That Australian Guy
Helo
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Nox » Thu May 13, 2010 12:49 am

Well there's yours Helo, then mine...and Delta...who else?
Nox

Postby Helo » Thu May 13, 2010 9:11 am

Ron, Mule, and Goose's team, then the PJ impression team in Medford I can't get out to play with us.
That Australian Guy
Helo
Ranger
Ranger

Next

Return to Team Talk