CAG Now Recruiting

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

CAG Now Recruiting

Postby Darius137 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:31 pm

CAG
Cascadian Airsoft Group
http://www.CascadianAirsoft.com
"Mil-Sim enough..."

The CAG wants you!
The Cascadian Airsoft Group (CAG) is now recruiting. We are looking for those interested in exploring the idea of mil-sim beyond what is currently needed or practiced in airsoft games. We model our group off of military-esque doctrine and fundamentals such as military hierarchy (fire teams, squads, platoons, LRS detachment, etc), LANDNAV (land navigation & moving from point to point using a compass, protractor and official map) and rehearsed battle drills. Our focus is training, and having a good time. If you want to improve your skillsets in these fields, come to one of our open training events and check us out!

What we are about:
-Monthly 1-3 day Trainings, having organic fire teams and squads train together for cohesion and results better than if you worked alone or in smaller groups
-Military Style radio communications, with squad (intra squad radios use FRS/Trisquares) and platoon nets (PLT NET is HAM)
-Military and USGS Maps, using 8 digit grids to issue commands and conduct training
-Military Doctrine Battle Drills, pulling highly from our membership's military background in the US military
-Using as much military training and simulation as possible to make the most realistic conditions possible
-Survival Training to include winter survival.

What type of person we're looking for:
We're looking for a few good people. We have tried mass recruitment in the past and it has led us to members who are not in it for the same reason we are. Also recruiting too fast has made training and progression as a group slower, so we have cut down our recruitment. We are looking for those who want to learn land navigation and how to properly use a radio, even if it means that the first four hours of a day are not spent running and gunning. We are looking for people who want to go out and train and camp once per month, regardless of the weather or location. We are looking for people who take training seriously, but will act like complete buffoons after the game around the campfire. We are looking for people who place the mission above the interest of just running and gunning all day at an event when under the CAG banner.

Our team's SOPs
CAG has a uniform, and it is not a very strict one. We wear a Navy Blue Tactical Shirt (Fancy Shirt) with everything else we wear being Olive Drab green. As long as your kit is geared around this concept of Fancy Blue and OD, wear what suits you best. We are a collection of teams within the Cascadian Airsoft Group, and believe in teamwork, but we are a collection of individuals within those squads/teams in CAG. Also we don't want to require you to wear the same outfit every time you play airsoft, as this is a hobby, and you're here to play soldier dress-up like everyone else. Notice in this picture of CAG training that we have a mixture of earth tones and fancy blue. It is along the same theme, but not uniform, and it works:

Our core uniform centers around everything being Olive Drab (OD) Green, and our "Fancy Shirt". You can purchase these through us (or elsewhere) and it will include your name plate, cascadia plate, unit patch and flag patch. When you are in a leadership position or have stayed with the team through a certain level of proficiency you can also wear rank:

CAG Hierarchy
The CAG follows US Army light infantry platoon shape, with our current numbers forming a Platoon sized element. We have additional members not on an active squad who show up the day of training or skirmishing and are filled into empty slots, merged into a makeshift squad, or given OPFOR missions, depending on what they want to do and the needs of the day.

A/1/HQ: "Headquarters"
    We have no defined headquarters element or defined commander/leader for CAG, rather the Squad Leaders all meet in an Afghan-Loya-Jirga-Styled decision-making body. Each Squad can do as they wish (leave, stay, change squad SOPs, etc) and the CAG as a group stands to bring individual squads together under generally the same ideals of Mil-Sim and similar doctrine and uniforms for ease of organization. Within CAG's headquarters are S-shops similar to the military, with volunteers from within CAG pulling extra duties:
    S1 (Personnel): Darius137
    S2 (Intelligence): Ash
    S3 (Operations): ODA315
    S4 ((Supply): Phoenix

A/1/HQ: "CSAS"
    The Cascadian Special Air Service is led by ODA315, a military veteran of US Army Special Forces (Communication Sergeant), Civil Affairs and Military Intelligence. He is our S3 because in real life he HAS BEEN an S3 officer. His CSAS detachment includes Eudorus, a UK Special Forces Support Group Combat Medic as well as his massive tribe of kids. To join the CSAS you must be a military veteran. He plays airsoft for two reasons: To hang out with other vets, and to shoot his kids. You have to be one of the two. Mini Marine, you have to rejoin him when you get fired.

1/1: "Goon Squad"
    Goon Squad is led by Android, and focuses more on aggressive style of play, often our first squad called upon to assault an objective. They favor carrying a large amount of ammo. They are crazy like murdoc, but built like Mr. T. They are a very technical squad. A 1/1 soldier is also known as a Goon.

1/2: PLA
    The PLA is a new squad within CAG and led by Darius. It's goal is to gather as many military veterans together as possible in one squad and modeled loosely after an Operational Detachment Alpha or special forces A-Team, or Pathfinder team. Being a veteran and having combat tours are important but not necessary for membership as well as a high physical fitness. Due to the higher requirements laid out for PLA, it is unlikely that this squad will be fully staffed for some time. Now looking for members.

1/3: The lucky 13th
    The Lucky 13th is led by Phoenix, and focus more on stealth and long range movement, always happy to be sent on missions requiring them to go through the swamp or up the hill. They are dirty. Gross and dirty. A 1/3 soldier is also known as a "Creeper".

1/4: Southern Comfort
    The Southern Comfort is based out of Salem, OR and led by DJ, a 20+ year veteran of law enforcement, with experience in everything from drug interdiction to gangland to bike patrol. DJ is one sneaky bastard, with dozens of different styles of booby traps. Also he has an APC. He fights smarter not harder.

Specialty Teams

CAG also has smaller groups of players that want to do other stuff in airsoft. It would be boring to just show up to every game in the same camouflage. It's also tended to be boring to show up to a game in a special uniform and not have a group of similarly minded folks in matching attire with you. That, and with the lack of CQB in the area, those willing to buy the complete loadout for such a small facet of the game are also smaller in number.

Russian:
    CAG has a group within CAG that has a secondary uniform and set of kit that is Russian. We have specific weapon and gear restrictions to roll with these crazy Soviets. Russkie has laid out a list of gear required for this group on the forums.
GI Joe:
    CAG has a diverse age group ranging from 11 to 55, and that means we have a large group with a childhood deeply rooted in GI Joe. We're all here, after all, to play dress up. Many of CAG have full GI Joe costumes as well as COBRA attire for themed games or the occasional time we feel like shooting at Mini Marine (he looks like Destro now that' he's shaved his head).

Android as Tunnel Rat:

CNP (CQB):
    The Cascadian National Police is Cascadia's premiere MOUT, CT and CQB team, wearing similar colors and focusing entirely on MOUT. We draw from anyone in CAG and take those wishing to also clear rooms, draw tertiary UZIs and wear onesies in Fancy Blue. This team trains twice a month and is instructed by an Israeli Special Forces soldier who hates Zergling and calls him Master of Disaster.

CNP SOP:

How to join:
Want to join up? We offer military and police veterans as well as veterans of airsoft and a large but tight knit group that is evident at our monthly trainings and campouts.

To join, realize that we wear a uniform. It's a Navy Blue shirt and green everything else. It's not a strict uniform or gear requirement, but the Navy Blue shirt is a requirement. Yes, we don't wear camouflage. Yes, there are people in MARPAT who blend in better in the woods.

This makes us look sharp, helps us organize and helps us pick sides in larger games separated from most people. It also helps us weed out people who want to play and win based on their abilities to fight, outmaneuver and win, not on their ability to buy the newest gear or the sneakiest camouflage.

To join the CAG, just show up to our training, be the right fit
Last edited by Darius137 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:30 am, edited 13 times in total.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Russkie » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Can I get a VIVA! Come on out to training and GET SOME!

What Darius is saying is completely true. I'm not sure what was happening with PLA and their past, but all I can say is that CAG is legit. I'm still fairly new to the team as a whole (I was "officially" conscripted in August '10) and I must say that I'm loving the experience. This past training (The last PLA Training) was amazing I must say. It was probably the most fun I've had in a long time. Everyone was very nice, courteous, and definitely a ton of fun to be around. As much as it was fun, though, I learned A LOT. The training I got in terms of mapping and such was awesome and it was free! Besides the mapping, we got some good field time covering squad formation, movement, etc., and mapping an objective and proceeding to it. This was very well taught thanks to our awesome active and ex-military and ex-law enforcement people on our team. Now, I have no military experience and such, but I would say the way we were rollin' in the rain all day made it feel as if I was actually in the military. Seriously, it was just pure awesome. Come on out and chill with us. If you are a very dirty smelly redheaded boyscout Russian Hadji punk metalhead that goes by the saying "This sucks. Why can't it suck more?" than good chance you will make it on The Lucky 13th.

Last edited by Russkie on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russkie
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Re: CAG Now Recruiting Again

Postby Prophet » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:02 pm

Darius137 wrote:1/1: Goon Squad
    Goon Squad is led by Android, and focuses more on aggressive style of play, often our first squad called upon to assault an objective. They favor wearing more armor and helmets, and have Multicam as their unofficial terciary camouflage pattern.

Since when has any active 1/1 worn a helmet or body armor?? Oh, and for cow... MULTICAM??!! But seriousely.
Please, I insist.
Prophet
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Snake_Eyes » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:07 pm

As stated previously by Darius Cascadian Airsoft Group is geared for a player that is motivated and wants to better themselves and take their hobby to a new level. This does not mean that we are milsim to the point of ridiculousness. We play airsoft as a hobby but want to grow it and take it to a whole new level.

If you are interested about our LRS detachment (Long Range Surveillance) send me a PM. I will forewarn you. This is NOT for those that live for a kill count. LRS is for the patient and those that want to be an integral part of the battlefield and be known as a force multiplier. If you want to help turn the tide by giving you Commander a better battlefield picture then CAG LRS is for you.

VIVA!
My sword runs at 450 FPS, try to out run that! 35+ Sword/Knife Kills and counting.
Snake_Eyes
Specops
Specops

Postby MillerSA15 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:26 pm

VIVA!

If you are the kind of guy that loved playing sports in the rain, instead of when dry because it added that "awesome" factor that couldn't be attained any other way, CAG could be right for you!

If you are the kind of person that doesn't mind not showering for a couple days, while rolling around in the dirt and sweating a lot, CAG might be right for you!

If you are just an awesome person that really has nothing going on on the weekends and you want to join a fun team, have some good times, get some quality training, and you want to sign in blood on the dotted line.......CAG MIGHT BE FOR YOU!

Seriously though, it is always worth it, and it is great fun leading a fire team and having some good fun while learning some really sweet tactics.

Give me a PM and I can activate your account on the PLA forums.
MillerSA15
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Prophet » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:05 pm

phoenix1421 wrote:Give me a PM and I can activate your account on the PLA forums.

It's a trap!
But seriousely, FUN TIMES ARE TO BE HAD WITH CAG!! VIVA!!
Please, I insist.
Prophet
Ranger
Ranger

Postby KA-BAR » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:24 pm

i like the overhaul, new patch and new attitude.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Cap n pickles » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:33 pm

KA-BAR wrote:i like the overhaul, new patch and new attitude.

+ 1
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Darius137 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:44 am

Cap n pickles wrote:
KA-BAR wrote:i like the overhaul, new patch and new attitude.

+ 1

/3 * 100^14
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Postby Wicked One » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:10 am

VIVA!!!!
I believe what ever doesn't kill you simply makes you...stranger!
Wicked One
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cap n pickles » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:14 am

VIVA!
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby GacktC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:14 am

VIVA!!
GacktC

Postby Russkie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:26 am

VIVA!
Russkie
Ranger
Ranger

Postby dos_Santos » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:01 am

You guys Hispanic or something? ¿Viva que? Cool new name...
I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby GacktC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:26 am

dos_Santos wrote:You guys Hispanic or something? ¿Viva que? Cool new name...

I drive a taco truck.
GacktC

Next

Return to Team Talk