New Team in Eugene Area

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Postby nedmac » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:35 pm

Lies! Sub machine gun =/= machine pistol.
Matt wrote:
People who don't like video game quotes can go eat a tool.
nedmac
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Captain Fox » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Boys boys, we all know whats important here. Who's gonna buy my full operational upgraded m249 for only three hundred bucks. A classic army, not some cheesy a&k.
"Pablo" Jungle Express 2011
O.R.B "Fox"
"Shiny, lets be bad guys."
Captain Fox
Soldier
Soldier

Team: O.R.B.

Postby nedmac » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:01 pm

scouts dont use them so not I. I will be getting my barrett in a week or two.
Matt wrote:
People who don't like video game quotes can go eat a tool.
nedmac
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Captain Fox » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Good plan nedmac.
O.R.B "Fox"
Captain Fox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Darius137 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:04 am

nedmac wrote:scouts dont use them so not I. I will be getting my barrett in a week or two.

The word scout is really best used for mechanized and cavalry scouts.

I'd put a "scout" more into the recon world (or "recce") for light infantry (which is what airsoft is).

Light infantry would definitely have M249's. They'd have M4's with M203's and M249's and any other sort of light weaponry which packs a lot of punch.

The .50 cal sniper rifle is a larger weapon than the M249, weighs more and the ammo capacity is horrible. Snipers and "scout snipers" use them, but usually they have an XM110/AR10, M4/M203 or M249 as their primary.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Captain Fox » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:03 am

Darius137 wrote:
nedmac wrote:scouts dont use them so not I. I will be getting my barrett in a week or two.

The word scout is really best used for mechanized and cavalry scouts.

I'd put a "scout" more into the recon world (or "recce") for light infantry (which is what airsoft is).

Light infantry would definitely have M249's. They'd have M4's with M203's and M249's and any other sort of light weaponry which packs a lot of punch.

The .50 cal sniper rifle is a larger weapon than the M249, weighs more and the ammo capacity is horrible. Snipers and "scout snipers" use them, but usually they have an XM110/AR10, M4/M203 or M249 as their primary.

Darius, nedmac is not reffering to a Barrett .50cal rifle. He is reffering to an assault rifle that is a variation of the M4 in the form of an airsoft rifle, I've seen it myself. I believe it is on Airsoft GI. As far as airsoft goes, a .50 caliber sniper rifle is -as agreed upon by all of STF571 command- a fat waste of money.

But Darius is right, even light infantry uses M249s, and thats why I'm offering it to any team members (or Medhi members) for a significantly discounted price. This weapon is fantastic.
Last edited by Captain Fox on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Fox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Captain Fox » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:09 am

Confirmed, nedmac was reffering to the Echo 1 Barret REC7 assault rifle, an M4 variation with a solid stock and a free-floating designed RIS. We would never allow him to waste money on an M82 replica.
O.R.B "Fox"
Captain Fox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby God » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:42 am

FoxtrotTenLambda wrote:We would never allow him to waste money on an M82 replica.

I don't think "we" have a say as to what members buy.

--Let's move our conversations to the new site-
God

Postby Ranger Commie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:33 am

Sorry changed my e-mail and it wouldnt let me in. But as for a site I know some of my friends took classes on how to build websites. It wouldnt be to much of a problem for me to drop $5. (Bribe cough cough.) To make one of my friends do it.
Two things are infinite, The Universe and Human stupidity, And I'm not sure about the Universe.
-Albert Einstein
Switchback wrote:Don't do shady deals in the classifieds before you have someones hand print on one of your butt cheeks.
Ranger Commie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Captain Fox » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:50 am

Universal Commie wrote:Sorry changed my e-mail and it wouldnt let me in. But as for a site I know some of my friends took classes on how to build websites. It wouldnt be to much of a problem for me to drop $5. (Bribe cough cough.) To make one of my friends do it.

We already have a website commie lol. Ask malik about it.
Captain Fox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ranger Commie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:55 am

Also have you taken a look at the resurection game we could try that for some team expierence.
Two things are infinite, The Universe and Human stupidity, And I'm not sure about the Universe.
-Albert Einstein
Switchback wrote:Don't do shady deals in the classifieds before you have someones hand print on one of your butt cheeks.
Ranger Commie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Captain Fox » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:57 am

MalikMazadu wrote:
FoxtrotTenLambda wrote:We would never allow him to waste money on an M82 replica.

I don't think "we" have a say as to what members buy.

--Let's move our conversations to the new site-

Malik you think I'd sit idly by and let someone waste $1200 on an airsoft gun? Especially considering the fact that I could get him one for less than $400, and the fact that he's a scout, not a sniper -.-

I may not have control over people (which i dont want to have anyway) but i do have command of this squad. This isn't "well i feel like going over there and standing in the open" its obey orders kr your out. MilSim doesn't leave a lot of room for motion Malik. This is my squad. I and I alone am in command.
Captain Fox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Captain Fox » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:58 am

We are already acheduling two games, one for May and one for June. Go to the team forum for further details.
O.R.B "Fox"
Captain Fox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby God » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:35 pm

[quote="FoxtrotTenLambda]
Malik you think I'd sit idly by and let someone waste $1200 on an airsoft gun? Especially considering the fact that I could get him one for less than $400, and the fact that he's a scout, not a sniper -.-

I may not have control over people (which i dont want to have anyway) but i do have command of this squad. This isn't "well i feel like going over there and standing in the open" its obey orders kr your out. MilSim doesn't leave a lot of room for motion Malik. This is my squad. I and I alone am in command.[/quote]

Actually, yes, I would expect you to let him "sit idly by and let someone waste $1200 on an airsoft gun" You could strongly recommend he not, but when it came down to it. It is his decision. The day this airsoft team attempts to extend its reach beyond the playing field only is the day it will fail. And I won't be a part of that. So yes, you have some say on what the squad uses while using the team emblem/name at a game, but beyond that... Free will.
God

Postby Captain Fox » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Malik, this conversation is irrelevant. And whether it is on the field or not, as a matter of good manners you should be a little more respectful. People can spend their money how they want, but when it comes to this team, I decide how things operate. I reiterate, I and I alone am in command of my team.

You want a gun? Cool. You wan an expensive one? Fine. Its not my choice. I don't care, honestly. But when I use the phrase "I won't sit idly and let someone waste $1200 on an airsoft gun" its a god damned expression. As a caring leader i would not sit quietly as someone on my team wastes money. I would encourage them to NOT waste money. Thats what the expression means. DUH.

Loosen up, kid. Seriously.
Captain Fox
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Team Talk