School airsoft team?

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Postby DJ » Wed May 11, 2011 5:48 am

Best of luck with this. That said, don't rely on luck and set some hard fast rules for your club, and don't get your a$$ in a jamb. A huge portion of the population of the PNW that lives in the metro areas go beserk with any mention of firearms, replicas, etc . the rest of us ( about 85% + of the land mass) are not liberals and have not been beat down by the libtards regarding guns. Fly under the radar of said libtards and be responsible. Maybe call it a mil sim club or something like that. Harshly deal with people who show the propensity to screw up what you have going, and have a great time!

For the rest of you people who live in libtard Portland metro area. I'm so sorry that you have spend your existence living in a place like that. I got sick of it a long time ago and bought my piece of the rock where I can shoot my guns from my porch, ride my motorcycles where I want and do what I want, when I want. Livin large! Ogre, I'm Envious of your place out in the woods! I love that picture of the turkey, Nice bird!
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Switchback » Wed May 11, 2011 8:56 am

After reading this, and then the one posted by Strikerz a while ago, I'm thinking this could've been locked two pages ago. But then we'd miss out on some things.
Nasty wrote:I know I shouldn't, but I find this really damn funny.

But yes, this kid makes an excellent point. Young kids do stupid shit because they fail to think about the consequences of their actions.

Snowman wrote:These things tend to go badly.

Best case scenario, when your buddies decide to show off their new chrome Deagle's after school, the responding officer knows about this awful idea and doesn't ventilate you.
Hell, just don't do it. It is ridiculous. As previously mentioned, why do you need to be the "insert school here" Airsoft Team? You probably wouldn't get letterman's jackets anyways...
Do this, and it will be the biggest political nightmare you have ever experienced. Best of luck to you, Sir.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby McNair » Wed May 11, 2011 9:46 am

Echo echo echo echo. Since the first page, nothing new has generally added to this discussion other than to repeat what others have already said(and even some people pointing that out before they do so...).

Remember kid, airsoft is a secret club for minors and adults alike. Don't ruin it for them or they belittle you on the forums, oh noeessssss.
McNair

Postby Mongrol » Wed May 11, 2011 10:32 am

Nasty wrote:, and I doubt you'll be getting challenges from other schools for skirms.

If only, " and the winner of this year's state/national airsoft tournament iiiissss "insert school name here" such a big dream lol [/quote]
Formerly Jaydork
Mongrol
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Junto » Wed May 11, 2011 11:07 am

ScaredShooter wrote:
Junto wrote:...suburban housewives [will] turn [it] into 'dangerous militia training with scary guns that can be real as often as they are fake'.

Watch out for those wild-ass suburban housewives ;)
You really do have to be careful, especially if they're on the PTA and don't have a job. Concerned mothers make crazy lobbyists for useless legislation and school policies. 'Concerned parents' have shut down everything from dances to school plays, and that was just at the high school I went to.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby dr.feelgood » Wed May 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Sometimes I forget how important highschool seems while in it.
RDWHAHB
dr.feelgood
Specops
Specops

Team: DRAT

Postby 'Skyhawk' » Wed May 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Bad idea....and bad timing with what's going on in Cali.

I don't know what you hope to accomplish with the club. Believe me no matter how fun or cool it is to you, 90% of the people out there will think it is lame and pointless. And the chicks wont think that you look super Tacticool either. More like super duper Dorko.

Most people would have to play, and experience it to understand. So if it don't get chicks and you don't look cool doing it, don't do it (or at least don't advertise it) Save yourself some heckling.

Just cause your allowed to do something doesn't mean you should. Don't mess it up or you will look like a Noobious Maximus, with all the advise against it here.

I advise you put all this energy into improving your tactics. Maybe form a team or join an existing AP team. We all think it's cool here!
"It's not a tough decision as you can see....I can blow you away or you can ride with me" - Beastie Boys (RIP MCA)
'Skyhawk'
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheZohan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:04 am

Sorry if i'm totally necroing here... but I have to say my 2 cents on this one, being a high school student myself.

If you know what the hell you're doing, it could very well be a good thing. It's just you need to carefully weed out the dumbfucks who will bring their gun to school from the ones that actually have a head on their shoulders when you're recruiting people.

(ie. no brainless sports jocks)

Another thing... i'd keep it small and low key. Don't just let everybody and their brother in. Don't go posting up ads everywhere either, i'd maybe put up one flier and that's it.

It could go really badly (as others have said), or really well i'd say.
TheZohan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Chesty_01 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:08 pm

I have a few things to say on this topic...

I live here in Battle Ground, and we all know about my.post from my experience from the paintball shop. That being said, educating the community in which you live is a wonderful idea. That being said, a town meeting is not going to go well when a 17y/o kid us putting it on. Starting the education process from school is also a wonderful idea but you have to do it right.

All the old farts on here are always negative about this hobby. It's a secret hobby, or you dumb kids will screw it up. I don't believe in keeping this sport underground. I have argued that point since day one and I won't stop until someone listens. Here is what you need to do at school and in our community to make this work.

1.Get a sponsor. An upstanding adult in battleground.
2.Make sure they're educated 100% on everything airsoft. Do your research, safety, insurance yada yada.
3.Get battleground PD involved. You don't want to try and hide anything from them. They are a little hard to convince but it can happen.
4.then go to your school administration. Educate them and make sure they understand what you are telling them.
5. Have a STRICT group policy. Having a lawyer look over your bylaws wouldn't be a bad idea.
6. Hold a town meeting. Let the community know your intentions, and with your sponsors convince the community that you are participating in a soon to be sanctioned event, not shooting tommy in the face on the way home from school.

Let me k.ow if I can help. I think this is a great idea bit it needs to be done correctly.
Chesty_01
Specops
Specops

Postby The Giggler » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:20 am

Junto wrote:
ScaredShooter wrote:
Junto wrote:...suburban housewives [will] turn [it] into 'dangerous militia training with scary guns that can be real as often as they are fake'.

Watch out for those wild-ass suburban housewives ;)
You really do have to be careful, especially if they're on the PTA and don't have a job. Concerned mothers make crazy lobbyists for useless legislation and school policies. 'Concerned parents' have shut down everything from dances to school plays, and that was just at the high school I went to.

Just dances and plays? Hell they Kicked someone out of my school for talking about Call of Duty
Haloeclipse wrote:Seriously, a music vid of swat or soldiers set to "Its raining men" would be deliciously awesome.
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Catch22 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Thread cleaned
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Poe » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:37 pm

I beleve OIT has a airsoft group that seems to be working fine. Im not too sure on the all details. As far as high schools go, I hope not to see that happen.
104th S.A.R.S.
Coos Bay OR
http://sars104th.proboards.com
Poe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby OPFOR 503 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Good luck with this, but I have to agree that airsoft and school are not a good idea. I'm all for the sports promotion but sometimes less is better in this case.
Break Hearts and Blowing Minds
OPFOR 503
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Team Talk