School airsoft team?

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Postby Tyrant » Tue May 10, 2011 6:44 pm

The message could not be more clear. School and airsoft do not mix. This has been brought up countless times with kids that want advice on writing papers on airsoft for school and in other cases when kids wanted to start school airsoft teams. The idea sounds great. You meat at lunch and snack on some taco bell as you go over the next big game and draw up battle plans and strategies, but the actuality of it is so far off from this. To restate what was asked earlier, what happens if a member gets in trouble, or a new member misunderstands the rules and brings his shiny new pistol onto the grounds? Don't say it can't happen, because there are plenty of stupid people out there. Keep it very much not associated with school, with the exception of members going to the same school, and doing some possible recruiting.
"Never Run With Scissors" Col. Jack O'Neill US Air Force......Two Ls
Tyrant

Team: DRAT

Postby ScaredShooter » Tue May 10, 2011 7:37 pm

I've realized even talking about milsim airsoft at school just ends up being awkward, frustrating and embarrassing.

Transition wrote:Educating the schools and public is the best way to avoid confusion on airsoft to the uninformed.

Keep it mystical! When everyone starts to like something it becomes less cool. Like Top Gear and most bands.

@ Nasty - Yes, MUCH more potential for stupid.

Mixing it with school may actually develop a more amateurish approach to the sport. More fools will be involved.
Doesn't communist sound more dangerous than fascist?
ScaredShooter
Ranger
Ranger

Team: {FAG}

Postby Transition » Tue May 10, 2011 7:42 pm

ScaredShooter wrote:I've realized even talking about milsim airsoft at school just ends up being awkward, frustrating and embarrassing.

Transition wrote:Educating the schools and public is the best way to avoid confusion on airsoft to the uninformed.

Keep it mystical! When everyone starts to like something it becomes less cool. Like Top Gear and most bands.

and hence they make laws like california is trying to do... I am starting more and more to agree, dare I say it with Ka-bar.....18
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby ogrejager » Tue May 10, 2011 7:43 pm

I have nothing to say that Nasty particularly, and others generally, have not already said.

I don't care if you're getting no flak right now--you will.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Gremshaw » Tue May 10, 2011 7:48 pm

Thanks guys. You all have very blunt reasons why my fellows and I are all going to fail. I also apreicaite your NO BS attitude. There is an overabundance of optimism surrounding the formation of this club from all my friends.

However, taking the risks into account and looking at what we want to accomplish I think that we'll give all we got. I know some fits going to hits the shan eventually like it always does, we can just change to another club outside of school. If miraculously, this does stick, if heaven forbid it does work, then we can encourage safe behavior that will contribute to Airsoft as a whole. At least I can say I tried, which is more than most can say.

As a good man once said, one that used to own a field, one that you may know.
"...instead of people saying OMFG he's got an AK, they can say, Oh ya that kid is a good kid, he gets good grades..."

In this crap world, there is a lot of stupid and alot of dangerous people. I would rather have a bunch of my airsoft buddies help me out of a scrape than abunch of limp!@#% P^$$!$ that are complete dumb@$$$.

That's just what I think, and I'll see this through till we win or are brought down.
Airsoft: FOR HONOR,FOR GLORY,FOR FUN
Gremshaw
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Vancouver

Postby ogrejager » Tue May 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Ah, the glorious optimism of youth.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Postby Falcon7 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:09 pm

Why take the risk? It's not worth it. Talk about airsoft at school if you must. There's not good reason you need to be affiliated with the school in that way. Don't mess this up for the rest of us.
Interested in joining Bop? Want to get rid of a broken gun? PM me.
Falcon7
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Postby code789 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:22 pm

#1 rule: never ever bring, talk, show pics or broadcast any airsoft gear/equipment on/in/to school
in some schools the mention or drawing of a firearm can get u suspended from school and we dont need more uneducated people bring bad reputation to airsoft
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Variable » Tue May 10, 2011 8:27 pm

Good luck. Try to set a good example for other kiddies with airsoft replicas.
Variable

Team: APST

Postby Jester316 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Just remember if you get airsoft banned, you'll have everyone here to deal with.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby Junto » Tue May 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Anything that looks like a gun and school don't mix. If airsoft falls victim to a gaggle of sensationalist suburban housewives it'll turn into 'dangerous militia training with scary guns that can be real as often as they are fake'.

We've been over this again and again; Airsoft and school do not mix.
Junto

Postby Mcluvin » Tue May 10, 2011 9:16 pm

As fun as airsoft is, it should NEVER, EVER be affiliated with school. Just last year, some kid at my school (Oregon City High School) brought an airsoft gun to school, and was shot with a bean bag gun. Right now, there are 4 on campus police officers, and airsoft is frowned upon by the faculty, and all parents that are involved with the school. MIXING AIRSOFT AND SCHOOL EQUALS COMPLETE SHIT STORM TOWARDS THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY, AND AIRSOFT IN GENERAL. It never ends in a positive way, whether you think you are "responsible" or not.

Edit: Airsoft being frowned upon even more also helps out the bill against airsoft in California. If all of this adds up wrong, which is very possible, we could all end up with mother f*&%ing rainbow colored AEG's. What I"m saying is that mixing airsoft with school is just the start, and not a good one.
Mcluvin
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [FS]

Postby ScaredShooter » Tue May 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Junto wrote:...suburban housewives [will] turn [it] into 'dangerous militia training with scary guns that can be real as often as they are fake'.

Watch out for those wild-ass suburban housewives ;)
Doesn't communist sound more dangerous than fascist?
ScaredShooter
Ranger
Ranger

Team: {FAG}

Postby Patrick750 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:47 pm

league 4 wrote:
Limpy wrote:I think this is just a terrible idea.

This. What's the point anyways? Why does it have to be a "school" team? Whats wrong with just getting together as friends?

honestly...I mean just start talking to some guys and if they airsoft just invite to games and talk about it at lunch or something. I mean i've made like 3 different airsoft buddies just by being caught going on the AP website at lunch. you don't need a whole "club" just to airsoft with friends
A dirty Pantac is a happy Pantac
Patrick750
Specops
Specops

Postby Tyrant » Tue May 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Again I must ask, what is the point? So you have this airsoft club, and once you graduate, you aren't affiliated with the school, so you are out of the club. At that point you have to go through the process of finding another team or starting one up for the second time. Why not just have a team and not a club, which is SEPARATE from the school? You can stay with it after all of you are done with school, incorporate people from other areas that dont go to your school, and far more team meetings will allow you to actually bring your guns and gear to. Oh yeah, also...you wont be mixing too things which have a violent reaction when brought together! The simple fact remains that this can't work the way that you want it to.
"Never Run With Scissors" Col. Jack O'Neill US Air Force......Two Ls
Tyrant

PreviousNext

Return to Team Talk