School airsoft team?

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

School airsoft team?

Postby Gremshaw » Tue May 10, 2011 2:55 pm

We have started an airsoft club at our school and I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with this sort of thing before. Our "rough draft" constitution is as follows.

Airsoft Constitution

As the leadership of this club, we declare the purposes of the club and all airsoft activities to be:
1. To promote and engage in fair play
2. To maintain a controlled, safe, and fun airsoft environment, (NO DRUGS, NO FIGHTS, ONLY AIRSOFT)
3. To provide a center of knowledge concerning airsoft and the activities pertaining to. (Technical advice, past experiences, support for this new sport)

The rules of this club are as follows:
1. To obey the rules of public and private fields and property.
2. To follow all legal laws and regulations as well as all school rules.
3. While this is an airsoft club, the airsoft replicas and gear are never allowed on school campus or to any school activities. (unless they are Activities set up by this club elsewere)
4. To respect all club offices and members, and to follow the club chain of command.
5. Any sale or trade of any airsoft gear must be conducted outside of the club, and the club can’t buy or trade any of these items.
6. Any activities (Events or Classes) set up by this club must pertain only to airsoft. (Don’t waste our time, if you want do something else then leave)

Anything missed? Any Ideas for improving it?
Airsoft: FOR HONOR,FOR GLORY,FOR FUN
Gremshaw
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Vancouver

Postby Limpy » Tue May 10, 2011 3:04 pm

School and airsoft should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be involved with school, so I really hope you don't mess it up.

Otherwise, no, you haven't. One idea could be having it not school related?
2010's Most Improved Player
------
(20:31:51) ChatBot: Amos leaves the channel.
Limpy
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Geschutz » Tue May 10, 2011 3:04 pm

At least the idea is thought out (in response to rule #3)

I still do not believe airsoft and school mix. All school administrators see is the fact the guns look real and having anything school based relating to firearms (unless it is a redneck town) probably will not go over well even if the events are off school property.

This is just my opinion.

Edit: Curses you limpy for posting almost the same answer at the same time!
Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like? - Mini Marine
Geschutz
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Transition » Tue May 10, 2011 3:17 pm

I disagree, I shot varsity rifle in highschool, and that was in hawaii. I think they have a good base to start with, get a good sponsor IE teacher etc. Educating the schools and public is the best way to avoid confusion on airsoft to the uninformed. As I type this I'm waiting my turn on the firing range btw lol
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Gremshaw » Tue May 10, 2011 3:24 pm

We are in the process of forming the club officially but, the school already had a paintball team, and we have no issue with the clubs formation at school. We will not have any games at school of course. Only at local fields and friends houses. All proper wavers will be provided.
Gremshaw
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Geschutz » Tue May 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Varsity rifle in high school is something facilitated by the school versuses thestudents correct?

obviously YMMV.....
Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like? - Mini Marine
Geschutz
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Gremshaw » Tue May 10, 2011 3:25 pm

We would not be connected with ROTC. Unless the desire was mutual.
Gremshaw
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Geschutz » Tue May 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Paintball I can understand becaue of the realism... as in there is none
Geschutz
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Gremshaw » Tue May 10, 2011 3:44 pm

Despite that obvious issue, we have had no flack from anyone. Not the admin and not the teachers. The hardest part is going to be convinceing people to keep their FPS within limits (I AM SO GLAD I HAVE A CHRONO) and bringing the Clearsofters, or Walmartsofters up to speed. (which won't happen unless they can get their own guns, or we can get funding)
Gremshaw
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Switchback » Tue May 10, 2011 3:45 pm

Best of luck to you. I tried to start a Color Guard at my old school and the principle was very negative. But that's Oregon for you, yes?
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Gremshaw » Tue May 10, 2011 3:52 pm

Like I said completely separate from ROTC. We would only plan or recap games and talk about Airsoft, at school no other activities would take place there.
Gremshaw
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Sahronax » Tue May 10, 2011 4:54 pm

I recall reading a somewhat similar thread a while back. Read that and it should give you a pretty good idea of what a lot of people on here think about putting the words "airsoft" and "school" in the same sentence...

As for me personally, I think it sounds like an intriguing idea, but there's no way it would fly at my school.
Sahronax
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Limpy » Tue May 10, 2011 5:14 pm

I think this is just a terrible idea.
2010's Most Improved Player
------
(20:31:51) ChatBot: Amos leaves the channel.
Limpy
Specops
Specops

Postby league 4 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:29 pm

Limpy wrote:I think this is just a terrible idea.

This. What's the point anyways? Why does it have to be a "school" team? Whats wrong with just getting together as friends?
league 4
Specops
Specops

Team: 9/G

Postby Snowman » Tue May 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Limpy wrote:I think this is just a terrible idea.

What Limpy said. What if, hypothetically, a club member got in trouble, IE shot or taken into custody, outside of a club activity (as presumably the club would only play on 'official' fields or at legitimate businesses), and someone found out that the person in question was a member of a school-sanctioned club/team/whatever. What do you think the fallout would be for that school?

tl;dr Bad idea +1. These things tend to go badly.

Also, to respond to the "There used to be shooting teams at school", my opinion that times are changing, especially here in the PNW. Just my $.02.
top lel
Snowman

Next

Return to Team Talk