posting in the proper place.

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

posting in the proper place.

Postby Night_Stocker » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:19 am

I put a reply to a new member's thread, and then remembered to post in the proper place.

I WAS looking into team Ghost Tac. I AM NOT anymore.

they seem like they don't want to take their training as seriously as I want to.

has anyone seen any good teams from 1st Sword?
If $400,000 a year is low-class, I'm totally f***ed.
Night_Stocker
Soldier
Soldier

Team: 9/G

Postby Darius137 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:04 pm

To be brutally honest,

You seem to be screaming about Mil Sim and ideas for big games that could cost thousands of dollars in logistics, planning and manpower. You want to find a hardcore team that trains 2 hours a day, 6 days a week.

But if you're that hard up for Mil Sim, join the military. Nobody is going to take airsoft that seriously for long, before they just join the real military or a militia.

Also, without a history in the sport or even some experience playing (you said you're hesitant to even buy a rifle), who knows if you're really serious about doing it, or just talking about it.

My advice is to start slow. Nobody starts at the high speed. Here's what I suggest:

1) Get the gear. A weapon that will be modular and adapt to most mil-sim stuff would be an M4 with rails on it. Use a flip up / back up iron sight and a couple hi caps to start with, and then you can decide later if you want to get a PEQ box, an optic, Pmags or real capacity magazines and all the cool guy stuff that tacks on dollar signs.

2) Get a uniform. I'd suggest you get Multicam or MARPAT as those are the two most popular uniforms, and as you progress with your team or looking for a team, most people will already have one of the two. Also get a boonie or patrol cap for it, since baseball caps are for the gays.

3) Attend local events. See if you like airsoft. From there you'll get an understanding of the community you have to work with, and if it's worth your time to start recruiting, or if enough people have interest to make hosting a mil sim game of that magnitude viable, or if there is a large enough group in the area interested in mil sim that you can form up to get something like a team going.

4) Plan out a basic, low cost, mil-sim game. I'd suggest something along the lines of an all day or 24 hour game with limited ammunition and engagement time. Base your missions off of a well planned operations order and then host the game to see who is interested. Until you have a track record of hosting *something*, people aren't going to risk shelling out serious money for something you host.

Too many times, people come to forums and airsoft with big ideas and nothing to back them up, then quickly fade away as they show their flakiness to what they want to do.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Night_Stocker » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:17 pm

thank you Darius. I'll take that to heart. I hope I won't fade into the abyss.
Night_Stocker
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Night_Stocker » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:23 pm

There is a new field in Bellingham. and the schedule says it is open just about every Saturday. Snohomish county is definitely within range. any idea where this field is?
Night_Stocker
Soldier
Soldier

Postby league 4 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:52 pm

PAR63223078-GN-NV-BA wrote:There is a new field in Bellingham. and the schedule says it is open just about every Saturday. Snohomish county is definitely within range. any idea where this field is?

http://www.meetup.com/Snohomish-County-Airosft-Group/

They're not "milsim" by any means, though.
league 4
Specops
Specops

Postby Night_Stocker » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Also, without a history in the sport or even some experience playing (you said you're hesitant to even buy a rifle), who knows if you're really serious about doing it, or just talking about it.

My advice is to start slow. Nobody starts at the high speed. Here's what I suggest:

I'll take his advice. as much as I really want to do Mil Sim, anything other than paintball is good. I'm tired of cleaning my kit.

thanks a billion!
Night_Stocker
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Team Talk