S.A.S ( Strategic. Airsoft. Service ) is recruiting

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Postby Osprey » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:31 am

Pacman wrote:Good luck with the new team. Hope to see you all on the fields of fire! Seriously though, fix that sigbar, it hurts ma bran
You shot me at the Why The F**ck not game at The Farm. Hell of shot I might say.

I was the guy on blue team with the bolt. That was a bad day for me my barrel got full of dirt.

Speaking about that game. If wasn't for that one kid on my team(not S.A.S) that shot in the back of the head I would have gotten that flag.
A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
- Ernest Hemingway
Osprey
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby God » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:01 am

Nasty wrote:
Reaper XIV wrote:A small team is less likely to be seen by the enemy.

A small team is more likely to be completely obliterated by another, larger, team's superior firepower.

Lol'ed... What defines a small team and a big team? Numbers-wise, in this community...
God

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Steve » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:15 am

Reaper XIV wrote:A small team is less likely to be seen by the enemy. I've also been on a team before, and also been to a couple of game before here on AP but under a different name. The sig bar thing, I honestly just notice that today so I'm changing it. I did change the the SWAT/SF to just SF.

A large team can be broken up into a number of small elements. A small team can't just magically multiply their numbers into something with a heavy throw weight. A larger team has more room for specialty positions, such as sniper / spotter pairs, CSW gunners, DMs, and grenadiers. And having these assest organically means they are more likely to actually be there, and be willing to help you out when you need them.

Also, a larger team has an easier time finding places to practice at. And is more likely to be able to loan out kit to new recruits to fill the holes for them until they can buy their own. And can divide into multiple elements to do their own force-on-force training. And the list goes on and on and on.

"That sounds cool", i.e. SWAT / SF, with no thought or research into why that is a bad idea, shows that you don't take your team seriously. And if you don't, why should anyone else? You're forming yet another micro-team that will likely fold in a few months when you get bored or you realize how much work goes into running a team. You've already proven yourself to be lazy, so not holding out a lot of hope.

tl;dr:
2 guys does not a team make, nor does it form the core of a team.

Not bothering to read and follow the community rules means that you are less likely to follow other rules later. Like safety rules, or integrity rules.

Try joining a team that is already out there for a year or two, see what works (or doesn't), and take that knowledge forward on your next attempt.

Judging by your posts and responses here, you are not ready for a leadership position.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby Catch22 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:54 am

Ignore the haters, but listen to the constructive criticism. Steve offered a lot of good advice.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Osprey » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:46 am

Catch22 wrote:Ignore the haters, but listen to the constructive criticism. Steve offered a lot of good advice.
I agree so I'm going to wait awhile to start this team, but if any one still interested just pm and I'll save it in the pm messages so I can remember who wanted to join.

Judging someone on one mistake(like oversize sig bar)Does not tell how less likely they will follow other rules later on. I'm as serious on rules as you are to them.
A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
- Ernest Hemingway
Osprey
Ranger
Ranger

Previous

Return to Team Talk