crew looking for a team in Hillsboro area

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

crew looking for a team in Hillsboro area

Postby Trench » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm a middle aged man with 2 sons that are looking to join a team or maybe start our own. My boys 13-14 run modded G&G CM15 raiders. I run a modded Socom Gear MK110. We are very new to airsoft but I came from a very social non mouthy successful paintball team.

I can provide indoor meeting space with small indoor training facility.
Support Cargo van with air and genset for events.

We are still getting our load out established and would be able to outfit in any direction. Just remember I have to buy for 3 so it might take a few weeks to gather needed gear.

I really want my boys to come out of this with a fun, exciting ,healthy hobby that they can grow in. This is my primary reason for spending the cash in the first place. I really do not want to put them into a position where they are picked on or the rank and file structure is hurtful or demeaning.
Trench
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: crew looking for a team in Hillsboro area

Postby Payback » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:42 pm

Welcome to AP.

Come out to some of the free skirms going on. The Scappoose one is always fun and i see many father sons playing out there. Show up, have fun, go to bigger events. Don't need a team per say, but find the guys you see on the field playing the way you like to, then get to know them, and join up if they have a team.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby Pork » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:00 pm

Cerberus welcomes you with open arms.

We're not mouthy, and we dont have a strict rank system either. We're based in Portland, Oregon with a small player base of 8+ members to this date. Our current agenda so far includes attending skirms and organized operations, as well as developing our team patch, wearable on all uniforms.
Pork
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Unicorn » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:08 pm

I wouldn't be looking for a team right when you start.
Make some friends, become noticed then some team will ask you.
Many teams behave differently and have different schedules.

For example I was invited to be on Cli. We have fun at games no matter win or lose. Everyone knows who we are because we like to have fun on the forums and in real life :D. Now we do have monthly trainings and such (we do cqb also). We have a simple uniform (full od) and no gear is mandatory or type of gun.

Be single for a while then look for teams with the friends you make. Airsoft is about fun and when no one is having fun anymore, they leave.
Nerf Sword kill: 15
Nerf shotgun kills: 5
Unicorn
Ranger
Ranger

Postby code789 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:10 am

what payback and unicorn said. don't rush to join a team yet it might save you from the awkwardness when you feel that the team is not right for you. a lot of newbie teams will grab what people they can, and some of the more well established teams will ask you to play a few games with them before you can join.

in general just: go to games,make some friends, and join the group that you have the most fun with.

and welcome to AP
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Postby drpepper475 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:49 am

ohhh goodness roger we dont even know this guy lol
"you guys might be winning ,but I'm having more fun"
drpepper475

Postby Pacman » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:20 am

I agree with playing for a while then deciding on what direction you want to go. Getting comfortable and knowing the landscape before jumping will benefit you long term. The nice thing about airsoft is you don't need to be on a team to play and have fun.
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby Pork » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:56 am

drpepper475 wrote:ohhh goodness roger we dont even know this guy lol

Im not forcing anyone to David.
Pork
Soldier
Soldier