looking for a team

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

looking for a team

Postby BlackXMamba » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Hello, im looking for an adult "swat"/spec ops team, im 19, future police officer, been playing for years and have been on airsoft teams in the past, send me a PM if your adult team has the same loadout, thanks!
BlackXMamba
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: looking for a team

Postby McNair » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:42 pm

You couldn't sell your shit so you decided to come back?
McNair

Postby BlackXMamba » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:11 pm

sold the m24 and the 1911, but decided hell might aswell blow another couple four hundred dollars in a new loadout and new guns and have fun with it lol, i figure if i get on a good team ill enjoy it more then running solo and want to spend the time playing, i think alot of me wanting to get out of airsoft was the weather? kind of a dumb reason but oh well summers here and its going to be a sweat fest in a all black loadout lol :badgrin:
BlackXMamba
Grunt
Grunt

Postby McNair » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Ah. Well, good luck with that. Hah.
Glad to hear you're back.
McNair

Postby MillerSA15 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:22 am

BlackXMamba wrote:Hello, im looking for an adult "swat"/spec ops team, im 19, future police officer, been playing for years and have been on airsoft teams in the past, send me a PM if your adult team has the same loadout, thanks!

DJ is an ex-cop with a lot of experience, but he doesn't get out that much and is down in Salem. Good luck with getting hired as a cop, if you haven't started applying to agencies I would start now.
MillerSA15
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby ogrejager » Thu May 03, 2012 8:28 am

Phoenix~ wrote:
BlackXMamba wrote: if you haven't started applying to agencies I would start now.

He's 19. Most (I'd say "all," but I'm sure there's an exception here or there) agencies won't hire someone until they're 21. I think he's got time.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby MillerSA15 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:37 am

ogrejager wrote:
Phoenix~ wrote:
BlackXMamba wrote: if you haven't started applying to agencies I would start now.

He's 19. Most (I'd say "all," but I'm sure there's an exception here or there) agencies won't hire someone until they're 21. I think he's got time.

Yes, they all require you to be 21 as far as I know, but pretty much every agencies is different, and their hiring process is always long, and often frustrating. Starting now will give him a head start on what to do and what not to do when he actually becomes eligible to be hired. Plus, most agencies know their hiring process takes a while, so someone that will meet the requirements before they will actually officially hire them is usually allowed to apply. At the very least, if you haven't been on a ride along with the agencies you want to work for (that allow them, some don't have ride along opportunities) I would do a few of those.
MillerSA15
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Matt » Thu May 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Yeah, he probably should have started while he was a fetus.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby DJ » Thu May 03, 2012 12:47 pm

@ 19, go be a cadet with one of the larger agencies in the area. You can get your foot in the door and find out if you are really cut out for the career / lifestyle. many of the SPD guys that I know started out as a cadet for that agency. The spec ops/ SWAT stuff comes much later . As a cadet you can be a "Bad guy" for SWAT scenarios and get flash banged and slammed around by the boys in black jammies. ...

As far as me not getting out much ( for air soft) well I have a family and a farm that gets first priority.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby MillerSA15 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:15 pm

DJ wrote:@ 19, go be a cadet with one of the larger agencies in the area. You can get your foot in the door and find out if you are really cut out for the career / lifestyle. many of the SPD guys that I know started out as a cadet for that agency. The spec ops/ SWAT stuff comes much later . As a cadet you can be a "Bad guy" for SWAT scenarios and get flash banged and slammed around by the boys in black jammies. ...

As far as me not getting out much ( for air soft) well I have a family and a farm that gets first priority.

Yes, that real life thing does tend to get in the way of play time.
MillerSA15
Ranger
Ranger

Postby BlackXMamba » Thu May 03, 2012 11:27 pm

I already took 2 years of criminal justice, 1st place in regionals for crisis intervention, and have been a "cadet" for the past two years at a local police department, every agency is different in there requirements for hire, some allow applying at 20.5 (6 months for academy), basically rule of thumb is aslong as your 21 by the time you graduate the academy then its all good (so you can be a commissioned officer), bearing in mind, all agency's are different and some say you must wait till 21 to apply. I've done well over 700 hours of ride along's (before getting my full time job, when i was doing cadet/criminal justice full time i was riding every day). Ive taken classes at WSP main office in vancouver, been trained to run the radios in the car, been trained to write tickets, trained to write reports etc, I have a firm grasp already on police work, just cant wait till Im 20.5 to start applying :)) (january).
BlackXMamba
Grunt
Grunt

Postby BlackXMamba » Thu May 03, 2012 11:29 pm

But still no luck on finding a team with that type of loadout, guess ill be running solo :doubt:
BlackXMamba
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ogrejager » Fri May 04, 2012 8:24 am

BlackXMamba wrote:I already took 2 years of criminal justice

Where?

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby McNair » Fri May 04, 2012 12:26 pm

When I was under 21 and looking into being a cop, I had read most places that the Academy in Oregon would take you as long as you were 21 when you graduated. Then I read that Portland required a 2 year degree, so I wasn't worried about it as I knew I'd be over 21 before finishing that. I didn't read into it much more.

I believe California was the same way when I was getting coaxed into CHP.
McNair

Postby Rapture » Fri May 04, 2012 12:49 pm

I started at 17 for Pierce County WA as a cadet, then was hired at 22 full-time. I'll tell you from experience that it is a huge transition from being even a hands-on cadet to a full-time LEO. Just get your credentials under your belt, keep your nose clean, and make sure that you have all your ducks in a row. It won't be an easy process going through the boards, poly, and psych with age/maturity working against you at such a young age, but you might get an agency to take a chance on you as they did with me. The cadet program for law enforcement really works in your favor if you have a good record at an agency.
Rapture
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Team Talk