The ART of Combat shotgunning.

Discuss airsoft shotguns, launchers, and other related equipment.

Postby Raging Hormann » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:57 pm

well, it is still pistons slamming into the cylinder head, so probably. but nothing like what happened to mine, I think. A BB got stuck between the nozzles, and when I slid the pump forward, it forced the BB back really far breaking any number of them. The top one definitely. The top nozzle, being broken in an upward direction, cut the hop up bucking, and since it was broken, it also loses nearly all the air when it's fired.
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Team: N/A

Postby KA-BAR » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:17 am

here is some updates on the year in shotgunning.

made a custom combat shotgun rig for a molle system, mainly for placeing on your back like corporal Hicks in the popular aliens movie.

its a easy build made up from a old pistol mag pouch and a radio pouch, see me at a game and ask about it. ill be happy to show you how to build one for your self for some hard charging white hot plastic death flinging.

as for its role in a CQC environment. i have been doing extensive research at PTOC, and have felled many formidibile foes that surely outgunned me by a longshot ( many shoot outs with Avery Kerr, our summer long duel is surely a tie!)

well i m heading out to go say hi to tay skirm, so.....

KA-BAR out
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Knuckles » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:51 pm

I don't know what's sexier, Morg--the (kick-ass) loadout, or the salt n' peppa' goat...

Regardless, hott kit.
Please buy your gear from Rick Fisher; perhaps he can buy a Life.
Knuckles

Postby KA-BAR » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:18 am

yea i fuckin necroed this shit....

why?

this is why!

HOLY SHIT!

YES!

WANTS MOAR!

"and that is just life with a shotgun!"
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby 110 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:25 am

+1
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby ogrejager » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:39 am

90% of the stuff in that video trailer a duck hunter does regularly in the field. Combat reloads, for example, occur every time you see geese but have duck loads in (or visa versa). Want shotgun practice? Take up duck hunting.
Last edited by ogrejager on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby KA-BAR » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:43 am

unless the geese or ducks have weapons trained on you and are shooting back i would hardly call that a "combat reload", but whatever makes you feel tough in the morning dude!
KA-BAR

Postby ogrejager » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:02 am

You done it much? I didn't see many of the targets or doors in that video shooting back, either, now that I think about it.

When I worked LE, we were taught the basics of combat shotgunning. Oddly enough, this old duck hunter was "surprisingly good" (per course instructor) with using a shotgun.

*shrug*

I'm way beyond needing to feel tough in the morning. In fact, most mornings I feel tired, sore, and hung over, to be honest. But I'm still in the swamp at 5 AM.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Seagreen » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:26 am

The Art of the Tactical Pistol wasn't very good. The carbine one had some really good stuff in it, maybe the shotgun DVD will also.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Juicemachine » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:31 am

Meh. I'll check it out. Just because it's Magpul doesn't mean it's the bible, but if the stuff they suggest works for me, I might adopt some of it.
2009's Most Improved Player
Author of the best post of 2010
Juicemachine

Team: {FAG}

Postby Seagreen » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:40 am

The only thing to be concerned about any method is it becoming overly stylized and ineffective.

The worst thing that can happen is the forms of the art becomes art rather than function.....ie: Kung-Fu, Karate, Silat, Kali, etc...
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Postby KA-BAR » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:47 am

i think that the repitition is what is key. i am not concerned with fancy movements or ineffective wasted movement.

what is telling is when the stress comes down, and the world is going to shit, and the body kicks in and just does.....because it has been doing.

its that easy.
KA-BAR

Postby Jerm_G » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:44 pm

I look at all instruction from highly trained instructors no matter what the discipline is, they obviously do it a hell of a lot more than me, there for I will aproach with an open mind and suck up all that I can. I will try all that is being instructed to the best of my ability and in the end assess what did and did not work for me. I then keep what did and toss what didn't in to my tool box and re-evaluate that material again at a later date.
Matter of fact here is a prime example. I was out shooting a week or so ago with my brother and busted my elbow open (big hole, lots of blood) in the process. I then went to my truck, busted out a cravat, bandaged the wound. The bandage made getting a proper two hand grip on my pistol difficult at best and decided it was time to work some 1 handed shooting, reloading and malfunction drills. Stuff i have worked lightly over the last year. What I did do however was to run several methods of those drills and found what worked great for me.

Magpul's nitch is they take great material that is not really taught all that different than other tear 1 instructors and packaged it into a DVD that you can follow at home and get some beneficial training out of. Not only that the production quality it top notch and doesn't look like every other shooting DVD which normally has the production quality of a high school science experiment.great marketing, good production, and instructors that are entertaining to watch make for a hot sell to those who cannot afford the money to attend a class of that quality or have the free time to go. Those that knock their material generally have never been to other school's, taken formal advanced training, and have never really sat down and watched the material from beginning to end and then tried to apply it.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer." -Major I.L. Holdridge USMC
Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:06 pm

I now want to go buy accessories for my shotgun. DAMN YOU MORGAN. You make my wallet cry. ;)
Bigfoot

Postby KA-BAR » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:22 pm

much love bigfoot, much love.
KA-BAR

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns & Launchers