NEW? never heard of? Its SO FREAKING COOL!!!!!!!!!

Discuss airsoft shotguns, launchers, and other related equipment.

NEW? never heard of? Its SO FREAKING COOL!!!!!!!!!

Postby Cap n pickles » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:26 am

Discuss!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6bQGGSxYfo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Team: N/A

Postby Cosmos » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:44 am

Cool for sure... but who wants to be chasing/replacing shells constantly?

"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever."
-Carl Sagan
Cosmos
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby weasle8877 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:47 am

Also old, looks like a Maruzen
weasle8877
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DMitri » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:55 am

It is a Maruzen. Also, they make shell catchers.

These things are fun to play with even when they don't fire. I've probably racked about 1000 shells through Jeremy Foote's broken M1100. : P

Definitely not the most practical or powerful replica, would be fun for CQC, though.

Someone else had one in the community early on, but I can't remember who.
DMitri
Banned
Banned

Postby Steel Torrent » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:53 am

I have seen shotguns like this before, I will admit they are sweet. I just don't see them as being practical in a game. The biggest problem is that you get one shot per shell...i know that is more realistic....but personally I would not want to carry a ton of those things with me and I would not want to be constantly making sure I didn't lose any of the shells. It is a cool concept, I just think it needs tweaking to be more practical for airsoft...also some more power would be nice :P
Warning: If you are feeble and cringe at the sound of metal your face might implode.
Steel Torrent
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Matt » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:14 am

I had the 8 shot semi-auto M870. They fire more than 1 BB, but not very far. You could shoot the thing so fast you could just about go through all of your shells before the first one hits the ground. It was impractical for anything but realistic CQC scenarios.

I'd like to see one of the companies making new and improved gas ARs look into improving on the old M870 design with more power, more recoil and just generally more availability of parts. Even when you could buy Maruzen shotguns in retail stores, they were still rare and hard to find.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Nox » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:35 pm

MMmmm hard kick semi auto full stock shotty..
I'm with you Matt,
I'm dying to see a 'standard' type shotgun (no tricky m4 stocks, extendables or cut offs) for breaching and field play for close quarters field play. Something that shoots 5 bb's with a decent 'oomph' factor. Maybe something that could take stock shotgun parts (Outer barrels, slides, shell holders, heat shields) that doesnt cost a fortune like the airsoft surgeon one. I think that things about 800 bucks, but it shoots shells that are independantly charged with co2 or green gas and hold 5 rounds...*boner*
Nox

Postby DRK » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:49 pm

back around thanks giving i bought the USA's last maruzen m1100 defender that was NIB in the country over at power edge usa. personally i think its better then this video one (which is the maruzen m1100 revision) because the defender has a rubber grip all along the front.

few things first. matt while the gun is designed semi auto if you did try to go nuts firing you CAN cause a jam. the mech moves to fast to eject the fat shell. maruzen bb shells can hold up to 10. they stopped making the red shot gun shells back in the 80's. i have a few maruzen shotguns. the semi auto breed cant have the shell catcher. it causes blockage=jams. it also only holds 4 shells. also the defender/reivison triggers suck. its a plastic curve that moves about 2mm's and makes a plastic pop sound.for zombie games it feels great. but you need the shell catcher...

which is why i move onto the pump action maruzen shotgun shells. its still gas powered but older then the defender/revision semi auto type. i currently have 2. one is with a folding steel stock. the other is with the swat style slated foregrip.

there was also a rarer maruzen shotgun. it was called the maruzen m870 bulldog. it was gas in grip and instead of shells it would unlock like an marushin/acm m500. out comes a plastic type with a spring so tightly wound it flops around like a dildo. anyway it holds something like 40 rounds and you reinsert it. *pun* the gun is almost exclusively plastic but whats cool about it is when you pump it. the vertical grip is adjustable. you can keep it vertical bring it back at a 45 or horizontal though not as comfy. there have been people in the classic gun community who have rigged that one up to external air so as soon as you pump the arms back out goes the bb's like those DE springers if you just keep the trigger down.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/gallery/s ... p?cat=1388

this is the bulldog.

the rest i post later.
DRK
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Shotguns & Launchers