best shell?

Discuss airsoft shotguns, launchers, and other related equipment.

best shell?

Postby Sneakerwave » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:21 am

i got a launcher the other day and got a 96 round shell. I got it because i was told it has best range. is there any better shells for range?
There are three types of guys in the world, those who read about things, those who watch others do them, and then there are those who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Sneakerwave
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Jewish Ninja » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:55 am

Generally, the lower the capacity of the shell, the further it will go. I"ve been pretty happy with the range of 66rd shells (both King Arms and Pro-win, though I wouldn't suggest the King Arms shells due to their 8 bearing design instead of 4.) Longer shells as well will give you more range, but will be more bulky.

Remember to keep them gassed (treat them like GBB mags and you should be fine).
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby DJ » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:19 am

Check out the Mad bull PB4. very versatile ( multiple different payloads) and takes 3X or 4X the gas of others.Ad as an added bonus it sounds like a shotgun going off!
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby ogrejager » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:05 am

DJ wrote:Check out the Mad bull PB4. very versatile ( multiple different payloads) and takes 3X or 4X the gas of others.Ad as an added bonus it sounds like a shotgun going off!

When you load that with BBs, DJ, how many do you generally load? And then just a piece of Scotch tape over the opening?
ogrejager

Postby DJ » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:37 pm

I fill it up with bb's ( 100+) ,use blue masking tape to seal the opening. I'm using co2, they come out pretty hard, dont know fps. make a pretty nice squad busting shower. Mostly I use em for nerf rockets ( vehicle busting)
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby ogrejager » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Do you know the pressure of the CO2? I just got one of those Madbull CO2 doohickies in the mail today and it's got a pressure gauge. I found messing with that to be amusing. I don't have any good data yet (what pressure for what shell, etcetera) but my shells (including a PB4) work notably better with CO2.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Postby DJ » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:18 pm

ogrejager wrote:Do you know the pressure of the CO2? I just got one of those Madbull CO2 doohickies in the mail today and it's got a pressure gauge. I found messing with that to be amusing. I don't have any good data yet (what pressure for what shell, etcetera) but my shells (including a PB4) work notably better with CO2.

I want to say it was 500 psi.....I will check the paperwork and get back....
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby G36 FTW » Sat May 01, 2010 9:51 pm

I've bought 4 of the CAW 30 round grenades because they have a nice tight cluster that can reach about 120-150 feet. They are also very reliable and have a better internal design than most other grenades I've worked on. I still have yet to have one maufunction with them while none of my king arms shells work, and the one madbull shell I have leaks.

I'v found madbull's shells to be rather innacurite, so I avoid them, but they are reliable anyhow...

My $0.02 8)
Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Return to Shotguns & Launchers