How to carry a shotgun as a secondary?

Discuss airsoft shotguns, launchers, and other related equipment.

Postby Jewish Ninja » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:22 am

I carried my Maurshin M500 in its stock-less form for both CQC7 and in the field, and it was a pain. Depolying it was not so bad, but putting it back/ out of the way was too much of a hassle. That and I found the extra weight wasn't as useful as say a pistol.

When I did have it, I had the top of the shotgun secured in an Eagle Weapon Catch and had the muzzle in an Eagle MBITR pouch (chose that one since its padded and has a wide opening with makes getting back in easier). I also had a sling attached to the pistol grip stud that was then secured to my shoulder strap on my PC. It allowed a full range of movement with it, but kept it high enough to where it wouldn't bash me in the knees if I had to let it go.

http://www.optactical.com/weaponscatch.html (granted this is the belt version, but its the same idea)
http://www.optactical.com/eaprc148mbra.html

Don't get the chinky shotgun scabbards, Switch had one and the lining went tits up after 5 uses.

Before you get something to big, try running with it slung on your back and see if its comfortable enough for you to have that added weight on your back.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby PanzerFaust » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:49 am

good thread is good. I'd looked at the scabbards myself as an option, but the weapons catch makes more sense now.
PanzerFaust

Team: N/A

Postby KA-BAR » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:14 am

if you look carefully at my rig, the upper portion of the retention is a old pistol mag that i cut the pouch off of, and left the fast buckles. it is a molle piece s it can go anywhere you want. if i use it in conjunction with the radio pouch i can mount the shotgun on my back as seen.

for a CQC breacher/assaulters role i wore it on my back with a 1 point sling and just the fast buckle retainer. just release the buckle and grab the tool. like this

http://media.airsoftpacific.com/main.ph ... ewsIndex=1

i like my system far better then the scabbards. those look like huge POS's to me.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Haloeclipse » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:56 pm

I have a scabbard for my shorty m3. It works fine, but its a pain to get the shotgun back in, with some modification i might get it to work better, but I am going try and mimic Ka-bars setup instead.
Never ever insult Halo he is a god among men ~achillesnick~
Haloeclipse

Postby John_234 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:53 pm

I use full stock shotguns for the most part - it's what I'd use in real steel. I tend to use a two point sling and throw it across my back, rear end behind strong shoulder, barrel by weak side hip. It's comfortable and pretty quick, though it can snag on the shoulders of some vests.

Then again, I never carry two primary weapons unless we're talking anti-tank stuff...

A pretty popular carry for pistol grip shotguns is a single point hanging under your strong side armpit, with the shotgun on your side or where your kidney is. The weapon catch is designed for this specifically.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Previous

Return to Shotguns & Launchers