Lionclaws Operation Tradewinds - WARNORD is circulating

This forum is for events held outside of our region. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Re: Lionclaws Operation Tradewinds - Registration is live!

Postby AFL-235 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:32 am

Matt wrote:Is that a quote from the LC thread? Nice!

Yes.
AFL-235
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Pacman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Seems I was put on the opposite team with no AP members :( Hope they get my PM in a timely manner
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby dos_Santos » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Pacman wrote:Seems I was put on the opposite team with no AP members :( Hope they get my PM in a timely manner

I will make sure you get where you need to go. The prelim roster is super prelim...
I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby NFS_Shadow » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Well i would love to go to this but it's just to much money for an entry fee.
Cloudy rains: "I am the master handjob-man."

"Well we're surrounded. They can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
NFS_Shadow
Ranger
Ranger

Team: 56Th

Postby Lionclaws » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Think of it as a man-cation...well worth it for the you time!
Lionclaws
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Pacman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:07 pm

dos_Santos wrote:
Pacman wrote:Seems I was put on the opposite team with no AP members :( Hope they get my PM in a timely manner

I will make sure you get where you need to go. The prelim roster is super prelim...
Thank you Sir!
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby Ash » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:31 pm

What side are you on Robb, SOTA and PF will be rocking MC to this.

"Jesus wept and it's no wonder why"
Ash
Specops
Specops

Team: SOTA

Postby Pacman » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:07 am

I assumed from everything I read that everyone from AP was rocking woodies, I can go either way and am now on the M/C side. I have no preference either way as long as I have a squad of people I know. Since I've trained with SOTA and ran with PF I wouldn't have an issue staying the way things are. I'll leave it in Gabe's hands...
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby Snake_Eyes » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:34 am

If its the PSYOP/MISO guys I know from Fort Bragg they will have Hummers with loudspeakers playing the call to prayer, helicopter flybys, tank columns, explosions etc on them and possibly deathmetal like our guys do when they roll out. Also as for the Arty Sims and IED replicas they are very realistic. Our CA team owns a shitton of them and they are essentially everything you will see in country and are accurate to the month. The 5 of us that went to CIED school with JIEDO got to take some back to our unit. They are sexy. The trigger release ones will shazaam you everytime, not to mention the sawblade IEDs, super hard to see and super sensitive.

My advice is have your pointman look up and down for anything out of place, ant trails, fresh disturbed dirt etc. When we wargamed with the rival PSYOP unit at Fort Dix they would get fine fishing line and hang it on goat trails attached to "whistler" IED sims.

When it comes to the Civil engagements the first rule to note is NEVER PROMISE ANYTHING. You make a promise you can't keep they will kill you. Depending on what culture they are emulating certain dos and donts will apply. Dan can tell you I'm sure as well but dont show the bottoms of your feet to a Pashtun, never address the women, never immediately talk about business, talk family (Dont talk about wife or female children directly), livestock, tribe etc etc. If you do this the PSYOP guys will be like WTF?! How did they know that. I'll let Dan tell you some of the other things.

Also if they offer you something to drink, drink it. It might taste horrible but also ask for more. What I'm thinking they are going to do is do a baby "Pineland" scenario. Its the mock country near Fort Bragg that Civil Affairs/PSYOP/SF does their culminating exercises at.

@Lionclaws : Which unit is coming? I'm a Civil Affairs SGT and probably know a few of the guys. Just need a unit or a POC. Feel free to PM me.

PS: WHY MUST I BE DEPLOYED DURING THIS?!?!?!!? GAH I WANT TO SHOOT ME SOME PSYOP GUYS SO BAD!!!!! Please if you shoot anyone, tell them its for a CA guy whose deployed.
My sword runs at 450 FPS, try to out run that! 35+ Sword/Knife Kills and counting.
Snake_Eyes
Specops
Specops

Postby Lionclaws » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:10 am

Pacman wrote:I assumed from everything I read that everyone from AP was rocking woodies, I can go either way and am now on the M/C side. I have no preference either way as long as I have a squad of people I know. Since I've trained with SOTA and ran with PF I wouldn't have an issue staying the way things are. I'll leave it in Gabe's hands...

Did you email them for the change before you posted here? If you didn't then we'll just leave you on MC side if that's your desire.
Lionclaws
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Ash » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Robb I cant speak for Chesty but you more then welcome to roll with SOTA.

"Jesus wept and it's no wonder why"
Ash
Specops
Specops

Team: SOTA

Postby Pacman » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Lionclaws wrote:Did you email them for the change before you posted here? If you didn't then we'll just leave you on MC side if that's your desire.

Ash wrote:Robb I cant speak for Chesty but you more then welcome to roll with SOTA.

As long as your good with that Ash I will leave it as is and roll with SOTA, many thanks!
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby Darius137 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:01 am

Pacman wrote:
dos_Santos wrote:

Thank you Sir!

"Due to everyone on AP requesting you not be on the AP team, you were put in the furthest squad away. Apologies, ManPack. - Lion Claws"
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Heretic » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:58 am

Pacman wrote:
Lionclaws wrote:Did you email them for the change before you posted here? If you didn't then we'll just leave you on MC side if that's your desire.

Ash wrote:Robb I cant speak for Chesty but you more then welcome to roll with SOTA.

As long as your good with that Ash I will leave it as is and roll with SOTA, many thanks!

No love for AP Rob? WTF?
Heretic
Specops
Specops

Postby Riddick » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:34 pm

What team do we put down if we are rocking MC for this?

I am ready to submit my registration
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

PreviousNext

Return to National & International Events