U.S. Army Medic loadout?

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

U.S. Army Medic loadout?

Postby Combs4027 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:11 pm

Okay, So Im trying to put together a medic loadout, What all would I need, gear-wise, and what Kind of "tactics" would I need to know? I already got ACU uniform, 11 M4 mag pouches, And a MICH 2000. What kind of Plate carrier and pouches will I need to be able to be mobile enough to get to "dead guys", I would like something lightweight and breathable, I looked on google and didnt find much, unfortunatly.

Any help is appreciated. Please only reply if you have useful information,

Combs
Combs4027
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby AndySpeers » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:28 pm

If you looking to be authentic, Evike has several medic pouches availible such as the Quick Access EMT Glove Pouch: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=31559

or the Rip-Away EMT Pouch: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=31533

"Jungle" First Aid Kit :http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_159&products_id=28894

or if none of those apply or ASGI is more your style they have a medical pouches section: http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=28_101_298

Hope this helps
Team Leader for Task Force 11 Delta
AndySpeers
Grunt
Grunt

Team: TF11

Postby Snowman » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:32 pm

Are you trying to make a medic loadout with ACUs, or are you trying to make a realistic Army loadout?
top lel
Snowman

Postby Combs4027 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:34 pm

ACU's
Combs4027
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Darius137 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:25 am

ACUs. They for some reason always wear the black bungee crap glasses.

Then get a huge assault pack and fill it with paper and call it gauze. They hve a few pouches on their FLC and an M4. If you can, get one of the stretcher bags. Also hang a neck brace off the back as those dont pack well.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Henschel » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:58 am

I think you can buy the medic packs fully stocked with the real stuff, but it's like 400 bucks. At any rate, a medic bag is significantly different from an assault pack and much more expensive too. Black hawk has some really good ones, however you'll pay through the nose, however rightfully so.
Henschel
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Darius137 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:09 am

The IFAK is what individual soldiers carry. It comes with some quick clot and a SAM splint and a CAT as well as a few other things. It should not be worn unless you know how to use it.

A Combat Lifesaver bag has a bit more, with the biggest thing being an additional set of meds and an IV or IV starter kit.

Again, that should only be used by people properly trained on it.

A combat medic carries a lot more stuff. Much of what they carry is useless, but if you want to look like a combat medic, you'll want to carry a lot of large utility pouches and 6 mags on your person. Your backpack will be huge and should carry some form of litter and a neck brace. Everything else is just crinkled up paper in a bag to make it look big for all I care, because you're not properly trained on it so you shouldn't take it out of the bag.

Medics are infantry until the area is clear and are a platoon level asset so you would move to the first secure location in a firefight or MOUT situation and start a casualty collection point there with the first sergeant.

Also medics are on a separate list than the line infantry guys so you probably have an M9 in an issued nylon holster as well as an M16 or M4 with limited goodies attached.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Bear » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:23 pm

Basing this off my platoons medic here in afghanistan.

The medic would carry an IFAK, location depends on SOP for your unit. All of my brigade is on the right hand side of the IOTV/plate carrier. This is so in the event he is wounded, first responders know exactly where to look. Also makes a handy rest for your elbow when you have to use your left hand for things other than supporting your weapon.

This is for use on him, because if he goes down, a joe isn't going to know how to use all the tools in his aidbag.

He also carries the rip away pouch that was mentioned earlier in the thread on the front of his thigh, not the side, cause it'd get snagged when dismounting and mounting into vehicles. It's pretty bulky.

It carries all the things you'd need immediate access to to augment what a downed soldier already has in their IFAK. A second tourniquet: chest seal for tension pneumothorax, pressure bandages, extra rolls of kerlix (you can grab the center of a roll and pull it out into a pencil shape to shove in wounds). Then he shoves a pair of medical shears into the molle webbing on the outside
of the pack.

He carries a WALK (Warrior Aid and Litter Kit) bag on mid-long dismounted movements. On mounted movements, or short distance dismounts, it usually stays in the back of his vehicle.

http://www.narescue.com/Warrior_Aid_and ... _Kit_(WALK)-CNAA580649A981.html?BC=3000250D2301
This is exactly what is issued. He has medical tape on each pocket, with the things we would need to reach if performing triage or in the event he goes down, written on them.

There's additional stuff added to it, IV's etc.

It's also stocked with basic antibiotics, penicillins, burn creams, ibuprofen etc, do distribute and apply to local nationals that need medical care.

Here is the site for the Talon Quadfold Litter
http://www.ferno.com.au/tabid/67/Catego ... fault.aspx

The rest of his kit is exactly the same as the standard rifleman loadout.

Edit: Also, in rough, mountainous terrain that we do alot of work in, a SKED litter is necessary. It's the only litter that can be hoisted from the ground into a helicopter. Typical litters require the casualty to be placed into a landed bird. They aren't typically carried, because they can be dropped from the bird, but it happens occasionally.

http://www.skedco.com/product/detail/440

I don't know how realistic you're trying to go with this, but modeling your load after that will get it down perfectly.
However, Comma
Bear
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Steve » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:56 pm

The best medic bags (from user input) that I have heard about are:

London Bridge Trading Co.

Blackhawk S.T.O.M.P. II (jumpable) medic bag

Blackhawk SOF Medic Bag

As far as medic go rigs, North American Rescue Products (www.narescue.com) makes phenominal ones. The three to look at are

Downed Operator Kit (IFAK replacement)

Squad Medic Rig (Thigh Rig)

Extraction Kit (RAT strap, snaplinks, and some other goodies to haul downed guys around)

NARP also makes hands-down the best medic gloves. Black Talon gloves. Flat out awesomeness.

The issue M-3 medic bag is less than popular. Mostly because it is made by the lowest bidder and it shows. The thing is roughly cubical in shape, the pockets are not laid out for organization, and the straps are all sorts of uncomfortable. Plus, it's about half the size of the Blackhawk bags. Let me know if you have questions about what the medics are issued by formulary, I will answer as best as I can.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby KA-BAR » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:01 pm

i forgot which OP it was ....but TOP from APST had 6 blackhawk medic bags for a raffle...

all of them went to kids under the age of 17.

they all became bleeding 600 dollar book bags.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Return to Tactical Equipment