My ak has jammed, and I don't know what to do to fix it.

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

My ak has jammed, and I don't know what to do to fix it.

Postby Russokai » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:57 am

I was firing my echo 1 vector arms folding full stock AK-74 on semi-auto, when I half squeezed the trigger once, the gun jammed, I thought the battery died, so I recharged that, but that didn't fix anything, after that I looked the problem up and got the same response:take apart the gun, problem is either my gun is old, or just obscure, I can't find a guide on how to disassemble the gun, and as such, am at an impass on what to do.
Russokai
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby Batsy39 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:20 am

wrong thread mate, might get more attention in the AEG thread
Death? What do y'all know 'bout death?
Batsy39
Grunt
Grunt

Postby kelso » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:37 am

deep clean the inner barral
KELSO IS I NOM NOM NOM
kelso
Recruit
Recruit

Postby quigly » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:47 am

To me it's sounds more like the gearbox jammed half cycle. What voltage is you battery? If you are just using the stock one, it may not have had enough time to cycle completely before the power was cut. Also, have you tried full auto? I had an old AK that would do the same thing you are talking about, and after switching to full auto fire a burst and it may work. If you get it fixxed one way or another, make sure to let it fire completely before removing finger from trigger.
My father once told me, "Some times all you have is a bullet and a prayer, don't miss."
quigly
Specops
Specops

Postby ogrejager » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:49 am

You need to give us more information. When you say "jammed," I think a BB in the barrel. Does the gun fire, but nothing comes out? Or when you pull the trigger, does nothing happen (I gather that's the problem from the "recharged the battery" bit)? Describe your problem in more detail, then one of the uber-experts on this forum can help.

Oh, and yeah--this is in the wrong forum (not thread, Batsy--this is a thread).

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Lumberjack » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:57 pm

I'm no uber-expert but I can tell you that my friends Echo 1 redstar AKM jammed a couple of times internally so I disassembled it and found that 2 of the teeth on the sector gear were broken. I replaced the gear and now it works just fine. Could be a design flaw.
WWRRD?
Lumberjack
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Strategic Team Operations Regiment of Multnomah

Postby Russokai » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:51 pm

quigly wrote:To me it's sounds more like the gearbox jammed half cycle. What voltage is you battery? If you are just using the stock one, it may not have had enough time to cycle completely before the power was cut. Also, have you tried full auto? I had an old AK that would do the same thing you are talking about, and after switching to full auto fire a burst and it may work. If you get it fixxed one way or another, make sure to let it fire completely before removing finger from trigger.
the half squeeze was a slip-up, but I think thats what caused it, as my battery was full life, and I even switched it with the battery the gun came with (8.6) the other being 9.4
Russokai
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Russokai » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:08 am

so does anyone know what could fix it? its a red star echo 1 ak-74 VMG, and it wont fire, its not a battery problem as I used 3 batteries but none could get it to fire, I can't even hear the mechanics move when I pull the trigger, I tried switching to full auto but that didn't help and I can't find anything on how to disassemble it on the web.
Russokai
Recruit
Recruit

Postby G36 FTW » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:20 am

Russokai wrote:so does anyone know what could fix it? its a red star echo 1 ak-74 VMG, and it wont fire, its not a battery problem as I used 3 batteries but none could get it to fire, I can't even hear the mechanics move when I pull the trigger, I tried switching to full auto but that didn't help and I can't find anything on how to disassemble it on the web.

You say it doesn't make any noise at all when you pull the trigger?

Check the fuse, it may have blown.
Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Postby Russokai » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:55 am

G36 FTW wrote:
Russokai wrote:so does anyone know what could fix it? its a red star echo 1 ak-74 VMG, and it wont fire, its not a battery problem as I used 3 batteries but none could get it to fire, I can't even hear the mechanics move when I pull the trigger, I tried switching to full auto but that didn't help and I can't find anything on how to disassemble it on the web.

You say it doesn't make any noise at all when you pull the trigger?

Check the fuse, it may have blown.

will that require it be disassembled? because I can't find a guide on how to do that, and I won't risk it otherwise.
Russokai
Recruit
Recruit

Postby airsplat » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:37 pm

are you able to pull the trigger all the way like it should? if you are and still not getting any response, then you've probably jammed the gearbox, or something snapped inside to jam it. look up guides for releasing the anti-reversal latch, that should help you out.
airsplat
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Russokai » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:38 pm

airsplat wrote:are you able to pull the trigger all the way like it should? if you are and still not getting any response, then you've probably jammed the gearbox, or something snapped inside to jam it. look up guides for releasing the anti-reversal latch, that should help you out.
the trigger pulls fine, but there seems like perhaps a lack of resistance that is normally felt, but it just clacks like it was out of ammunition or something
Russokai
Recruit
Recruit

Postby G36 FTW » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Russokai wrote:
airsplat wrote:are you able to pull the trigger all the way like it should? if you are and still not getting any response, then you've probably jammed the gearbox, or something snapped inside to jam it. look up guides for releasing the anti-reversal latch, that should help you out.
the trigger pulls fine, but there seems like perhaps a lack of resistance that is normally felt, but it just clacks like it was out of ammunition or something

So does the gun make a sound or not?

If it sounds as if it is dry firing then something is wrong with your tappet plate, the cylinder head, the air nozzle or your hop-up

If it sounds as if it is trying, but not working (similarly to if you have a very dead battery) you are going to want to check your battery and release the ani-reversal latch.

If nothing happens, then your fuse is probably blown. There should be a fuse housing inside your gun's stock that looks similar to this:

Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Postby Russokai » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:54 pm

G36 FTW wrote:
Russokai wrote:

So does the gun make a sound or not?

If it sounds as if it is dry firing then something is wrong with your tappet plate, the cylinder head, the air nozzle or your hop-up

If it sounds as if it is trying, but not working (similarly to if you have a very dead battery) you are going to want to check your battery and release the ani-reversal latch.

If nothing happens, then your fuse is probably blown. There should be a fuse housing inside your gun's stock that looks similar to this:

what is the ani-reversal latch? i don't really know much about how to work with the internals at all
Russokai
Recruit
Recruit

Postby pseudoanimosity » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Russokai wrote:what is the ani-reversal latch? i don't really know much about how to work with the internals at all

Then take it in to Airsoft Outlet and have them do the work on it. It's most likely a problem inside the gearbox, and if you're not comfortable opening it up, let someone else do it.
"No compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon, it's always been the difference between us, Daniel."
pseudoanimosity
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to AEG/Electrics