Home Made rat trap Claymore (Pic Heavy)

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Home Made rat trap Claymore (Pic Heavy)

Postby Payback » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:39 pm

So as requested, here are 2 of the claymores i made out of rat traps. By the pics you can basically see how to assemble them.

The first one is the most simple as i used just 1 trap, The plastic box is a cut down plano tackle box, the cloth is some denim from an old pair of jeans and some sewing machine work. The legs are made with round bar and two washers welded together.

The second trap uses two rat traps, i used a plano tackle box again, some metal i had left over from a trailer fender, and some more round bar and my welder. Again, denim from an old pair of jeans. This one i have trouble with the release since the pressure from two of these traps pushing on the cross arm is allot, it takes allot of pull to get it to release.

AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby quigly » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:34 pm

Nice. I have made a few of these in the past. None to the level of the 2nd one. What kind of range are you getting from them? I got around 25 feet with a heavy spread(using ~100 BBs).
My father once told me, "Some times all you have is a bullet and a prayer, don't miss."
quigly
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Payback » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:49 pm

The double trap one i can get around 100ft, but that maybe just a handful of bb's. The largest mass would be about 50 to 60 ft. The lower single trap one is about 40ft or so, but you can aim the lower one to hit the legs, or upper body if you want. The denim has a little elastic quality so it springs really nicely.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby Solid » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Sweet, looks good. Only problem is losing those bastards while out on an op XD
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby Switchback » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Wow. I got to go to The Home Depot this weekend...
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Team: N/A

Return to Custom Projects