- DO NOT discuss or plan games on land that you do not have permission to use. This is both dangerous and illegal. Your game must either be on private property which you have permission to use, or on public land with proper permission from local law enforcement authorities. If you don't have this or can't prove it, your event will be removed from the forums.
- DO NOT discuss or plan games with unreasonable and unsafe velocity limits or rules. Airsoft Pacific reserves the right to remove your posting if we feel the game is too dangerous. Any velocity limits exceeding the posted numbers on the Airsoft Pacific ruleset may be removed from the website. (We also grant anyone permission to post our rules on their own websites)
- The events forum is ONLY for events, DO NOT make new topics asking about when games will be or posting about games you would like to see (instead, post those in General Discussion).
- Replies in event postings should only be to SIGN UP or to ask questions about the game. No need to reply if you can't be there, unless you have previously signed up. Do not post complaints about the game's price or the subject matter of the game. If you are not interested, do not reply. DO NOT reply about gear you have to sell at the event unless the event is a designated swap meet and the organizer invites you to post those items.
- Events should include; Date, Start Time, Directions to the Location, any fees if applicable, and special instructions or restrictions if needed. DO NOT post "save the date," notices - the events forum is for planned events ready for the public to sign up.
- Event promoters: if you are going to solicit sponsors, DO NOT name-drop Airsoft Pacific. You can tell your sponsors that you are going to promote your event at Airsoft Pacific (and other forums), but it needs to be CLEAR that your team or your company or you personally are running the event - NOT AIRSOFT PACIFIC.
TYPES OF EVENTS
The events forum uses Topic Prefixes (seen before the subject line) to allow you to designate what type of event you are hosting.
- OP - Operation event. These are pre-planned events with set objectives, back-story, set sides and sometimes uniform requirements.
- SKR - Skirmish event. Skirmishes are just basic open games, teams are usually split up at the event right before we start.
- TRN - Training event.
- COMP - Competition event. For team-based or individual competitions.
- MISC - Any other event that may not fit in these categories.
If you are posting an event, please do not confuse types of events. Do not call a skirmish an operation because you think more people will show if you do. Some players only come out and play at operations, because they like the structured feel of the game. Conversely, if you call an operation a skirmish, you're likely to have people show up without their required load-out and create all kinds of headaches for yourself.