Conversion kit help

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Conversion kit help

Postby glockmeister » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Got a matrix sr25 conversion kit. I just got it today, and the package doesn't come with instructions. I have tried a lot of crap and I am stumped. Would anyone know how to install it?
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.â€
glockmeister
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Regular Guy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:57 pm

This might help. Click on these links.:
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/sh ... ial-review

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/sh ... tall+guide

You may need a barrel wrench.

Good luck!
You Fancy Huh?!
Regular Guy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby glockmeister » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Yeah I am really stumped. The parts I have gotten down so far, 1. I put the barrel into the receiver. 2. I place the threaded rings and tighten them in. 3. I put over the 1 piece rail. 4. I try putting the front sight with the gas tube into the receiver but it gets blocked by plastic where the gas tube should go into, so I cannot move the front sight down enough to screw it in. So the barrel just stays wobbling around a 1 piece rail.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.â€
glockmeister
Soldier
Soldier

Postby glockmeister » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:23 am

The gas block gets blocked by the reciever so I can't push the front sight down ito the correct position. What can I do to make it fit?
glockmeister
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Regular Guy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Usually the upper reciver should have a hole on top where you can push the mock gas tube or the long metal rod. If you already inserted it to the upper reciever and the gas block still wont fit then you may need to cut the metal rod. A metal saw will do, ask for help in cutting it or clamp it with a vice grip.
You Fancy Huh?!
Regular Guy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby glockmeister » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:31 am

Alright I will do so. Thanks a ton!
glockmeister
Soldier
Soldier

Postby glockmeister » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Ok so I found that the big nut that locks the barrel assembly to the main body wasn't holding the outer barrel tight enough so the barrel would wobble around. It came with washers but they didn't make a big difference. So I went to ace and got an o ring that fit perfect. Put it in, and now the barrel is rigid so it won't wobble around. Then I got my silencer that has half threads and it fit perfect inside the Rail system and the outer barrel. So even if it does wiggle again it can't move that much. My gun is awesome now.
glockmeister
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Regular Guy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:02 am

Most of the time may you have to do some sort of modifications on after market parts. Post pics of your barrel convertion kit on this thread

http://airsoftpacific.com/viewtopic.php?p=601357#601357
You Fancy Huh?!
Regular Guy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby glockmeister » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:08 pm

I will when I get the time.
glockmeister
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Custom Projects